Menu

So confused by new boards...help me please

Amethyst

I must be dense. I don't want to give up, but I'm discouraged by the new boards. Here's what I used to do when I came to the forums:

1. Check on subscriptions. That way I can see if anyone has commented on a post that I have also posted on. So, where are subscriptions now? I can't seem to find them.

2. Browse New Posts. That's fine. I can see New Content. But the problem is that I can't hover over the title with the mouse and see the first few lines of the post. That really helps a lot to see if I want to bother with the post. Is this change temporary? Or is there a way for me to fix it?

Um. Yeah. I guess it's just those two things. Maybe I'll think of others. But those two things are discouraging me right now. Please help me out here.

But the problem is that I can't hover over the title with the mouse and see the first few lines of the post. That really helps a lot to see if I want to bother with the post. Is this change temporary? Or is there a way for me to fix it?

I'm pretty sure SWB said in one of her posts that they are working to restore this feature.

The other way that you can check on posts that you are following is to click on the view new content and then on the left hand side bar go down to Other and click just Items I follow. It will stay at those settings until you unclick that check mark. So to then view new content either all the forums or just a single board uncheck mark the Items I follow and it will bring up all new content. If you want to sort by specific boards there is a link to pick from which boards you want the new content displayed.

The other way that you can check on posts that you are following is to click on the view new content and then on the left hand side bar go down to Other and click just Items I follow. It will stay at those settings until you unclick that check mark. So to then view new content either all the forums or just a single board uncheck mark the Items I follow and it will bring up all new content. If you want to sort by specific boards there is a link to pick from which boards you want the new content displayed.

LOVE your avatar!

For my, the little icon to the right of the post title is quicker than loading up the thread. Still not as quick as the preview was, but quicker than loading the whole thread.

Yes, me too. I like that it posts more of the thread than the old way did.

Other than missing hybrid mode, I can't think of anything I like better on the old board.

I'm wondering if I can somehow choose "threaded mode" of display of messages. Anyone know? I've tried but haven't found anything. Thanks.

Sadly, not yet. I do think OtherJohn is working on it, though (I HOPE, BEG, PLEAD. :D). I loved being able to choose my viewing mode, and it made reading long threads so much easier.

I'm remaining optimistic - so many changes are going on and they are all fantastic!