Menu

Brainpop Subscription 20% Off

cherimoya

Nice! I've never seen a Brainpop discount code, I've always just gotten the default subscription. Bummer that I just renewed for the Family combo last month though. I always get the Family Combo as we still want both the regular and Junior versions and the Spanish one automatically gets included. One of these years I'd like to have my daughter listen to the BrainPOP Español portion to practice listening to Spanish.

Thanks! My kids watch the video of the day on our iPads and occasionly watch other free videos from the app. Is there really that much more content to warrant paying for a subscription?

If you only watch it on your iPad, then I'd say that is by far the best deal. I particularly think the one offering just the 4 videos plus the daily free one is a great deal! But I don't think you get to choose the videos... Anyway, the mobile app version offers the videos and the quizzes. You do miss out on the extras, which in BrainPop Jr are game, activity, lesson ideas, and so on. They also released a new GameOn section with interactive online games. We don't really use the extras much anyway. I do value being able to watch BrainPop on our big desktop computer together, so we're still happy "full subscription" users.

What is the difference between the home plan and the homeschool plan?

Thanks,

Bethany

This coupon is for the Home Plan (I tried Homeschool plan), in which it is one user. The Homeschool Plan offers 1 or 3 user plans, which I'm assuming can be used simultaneously. But the Homeschool 3 user plan price skyrockets to $300 for the BrainPOP/BrainPOPJr combo. Single user, it's the same price as the regular Family Combo, but you can't use the 20% coupon code. Since a family can just watch the videos together or take turns, I don't see the benefit for the Homeschool Multi User plan really.

I wrote up a blog post this morning about Brainpop for more info.

Bethany, I did a quick google search and someone said...

The main difference is that the Homeschool subscription allows up to 3 students to log-in at the same time, allows each child his/her own log-in so that their scores on the quiz's and other stuff can be kept seperate from those of the other children. So, if you have more than one child, AND they will be getting onto the site at the same time watching different videos, and/or you want to keep their quiz results separate, then the Homeschool option is probably the right one. However, if you only have one child, or your children won't be on the site at the same time, or if you don't care about the quiz results being kept separately on the site, then the Family/Home option is probably better, because it costs less.

Hope that helps.

If you get the computer plan, can you automatically still use it on your ipad/ipod devices as well? I pay just $7/month for full access to all videos and quizzes on my mobile devices. My kids both watch the videos at the same time on the ipad or ipod, or they each have a device and watch, and they just put in their own names when they take the quizzes-- you can type in a name each time you take a quiz. I see no advantage to buying a "multi-user license" at all.

This looks so interesting! I signed up for the free trial...

For current users, would the multi-family use be beneficial for kids of different ages? So if one DC is on the ipad using 8th grade science, could 2 other children be using 2 other grade levels at the same time?

Just trying to see the least expensive way this could be utilized for 3 DC's (actually have a 4th here who might be too old? She is taking AP Physics B...any of this stuff at that level???

I have to call the BrainPop people tomorrow though. I cant seem to access my free trial:(