Menu

Wreck-it Ralph and Rise of the Guardians - both fantastic movies!

We saw Wreck-it Ralph last week and Rise of the Guardians today. They are both fantastic movies and great for families.

My 19yo saw Wreck-it Ralph with a bunch of people from her major (arts and technology) for the very first showing. My 14yo and my 17yo and I saw it last week.

We all saw Rise of the Guardians today along with a 16yo friend of all three of my girls.

Both movies had me in tears at least once. I think Wreck-it Ralph was the better movie, but they were both fantastic.

DH took DS to see Wreck-It Ralph a couple weeks back; he told me it was really good. I took him to see Rise of the Guardians. I rarely go to the movies with him, but he had read the books, asked me to read the books, so I took him Weds. when it first opened.

Both of us said on the way to theater we would not like it if one of the main characters was left out or minimized in the movie (she hadn't been in any previews). And, she wasn't in the movie and we still enjoyed it. Despite the books and movie being written by the same person, they are very different beasts conceptually, in case anyone is going like we were expecting more connection between the two.

1ds came home from wreck it ralph and asked when we were taking dudling. He asked me again tonight. He absolutely loved it - thought it was fabulous and that it had it's touching moments.

1dd has seen rise of the guardians twice, and is going again tomorrow to see it in 3d. "it's so pretty" . . . .

For Wreck-it Ralph, I'd probably say 6yo and up. It could be too scary for under 6yo. There's no upper limit on it. When my 19yo went to see it with a bunch of other people from her major, they all stood up and cheered at the end.

Important note - stay for the credits at the end of both movies. There is only one extra bit in the Rise of the Guardians, so once you see that one extra bit, you can go ahead and leave. We didn't know about the extra bit during the credits of Wreck-it Ralph, so we missed it.