Menu

Dd fell down the stairs yesterday

We have wood stairs that are not slippery at all, but she had on socks and slipped down 5 stairs on her back. She has a 2 inch scrape/bruise right on her spine, and said her bottom hurt, too. We put ice on the back right away for just a little bit, and gave her 2 advil. She was in a fair amt of pain, but today feels ok. She said there was no numbness or tingling, just some stinging from the abrasion and her bottom hurt to sit on, but not terribly so.

So...anything I should look for? I did not see her back today before school, we covered the slight abrasion with a large 3X2 bandaid last night.

Scared the both of us!

If she hit her tailbone it may hurt for a loooong time. I fell down our stairs, three times, while I was pregnant with littlest ds. We actually ended up moving out of our house and renting an apartment because we were afraid that I might fall and hurt/lose the baby. My tailbone still hurts sometimes, especially when I sit for awhile like on trips or long church services.

We have wood stairs that are not slippery at all, but she had on socks and slipped down 5 stairs on her back. She has a 2 inch scrape/bruise right on her spine, and said her bottom hurt, too. We put ice on the back right away for just a little bit, and gave her 2 advil. She was in a fair amt of pain, but today feels ok. She said there was no numbness or tingling, just some stinging from the abrasion and her bottom hurt to sit on, but not terribly so.

So...anything I should look for? I did not see her back today before school, we covered the slight abrasion with a large 3X2 bandaid last night.

Scared the both of us!

Ouch. Glad she is ok.

Oh Chris, sorry to hear that. If she hit her "bottom", she should be fine. She did not hit her head, right?

When my aunt was around 80 (she'd be 90 if she were living) - so around 10 years ago, she climbed the long wooden staircase to my cousin's house (her dd). She reached the top and fell an entire 17 steps! Can you imagine anyone falling down 17 wooden steps? As I said she was about 80 when that happened. She did not have any side effects from the fall, that we know of, except she did end up with a number finger that stayed that way. Maybe she landed on her hand or twisted it in the process.

:grouphug: