Menu

Am I the only one....

BatmansWife

....who has trouble seeing (reading) the Rainbow Resource sample pages?

:banghead: Since they changed how their sample pages are set-up on the website...most of the time I can't read the sample pages. I see the pages....I see the words....but they aren't clear enough to read. What's the point?? :cursing: I usually have to go over to CBD and hope that they have the same thing and see their samples. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem....or is my computer screen set up wonky or something??

It's been like this for awhile, but I haven't said anything. Finally today I just got annoyed. :lol: I wonder if they know? However they had it before, I could read the samples no problem. Not now. Well, I'm glad to know it's not just me. Hmmm....maybe I'll e-mail them, because what's the point of having page samples if they are too hard to read.

Okay, I just tried it with several products. If I go to "View All Images," I can see them clearly. Note: My browser is set to 125% Zoom for all pages, so I that that is why I can see them. They are slightly fuzzy, but clearly readable.

Try upping the zoom on your web browser just a bit & see if that helps. (Or give me a specific example you are having trouble with & I'll see how it looks.)

Okay, I just tried it with several products. If I go to "View All Images," I can see them clearly. Note: My browser is set to 125% Zoom for all pages, so I that that is why I can see them. They are slightly fuzzy, but clearly readable.

Try upping the zoom on your web browser just a bit & see if that helps. (Or give me a specific example you are having trouble with & I'll see how it looks.)

Hey RootAnn, I've always just clicked on the picture of the book/product to look at samples. I tried clicking on "view all images" and it's just exactly the same thing as clicking on the book.

I almost asked you where the zoom was (didn't even know I had one :001_huh: )....but I found it all by my lonesome. :D Mine is set at 100%. I tried looking at a sample with 125% and it is much better. As an example....look at the second page sample of English from the Roots Up with 100% zoom. Mostly everything was looking like that....or worse. I knew my eyes are getting old....but this has been ridiculous. Thank you so much for your help!!

Well, I just went and looked. That is ridiculous. And yes, I could zoom, but you shouldn't have to. Definitely, we need to let them know.:)

Instead of clicking on the image from the product page, click the link below the images that says "View all images". That should take you to the full-size sample, and you shouldn't have to zoom for most things.

Well, I just went and looked. That is ridiculous. And yes, I could zoom, but you shouldn't have to. Definitely, we need to let them know.:)

I agree....I (we) shouldn't have to.

Instead of clicking on the image from the product page, click the link below the images that says "View all images". That should take you to the full-size sample, and you shouldn't have to zoom for most things.

I'm not sure why what I'm doing seems to be different from what you are getting. If I click on the book...it takes me to a page with small little samples at the top, and one large sample underneath them...with arrows on both sides to turn the sample pages. It's a large enough sample...but the words are usually not clear enough to read most of the time (cover pages are usually fine). I tried clicking on "view all images" and it takes me to a page with small little samples at the top, and one large sample underneath them...with arrows on both sides to turn the sample pages. ;) So, it's the very same thing that I get, no matter what I click on.

Another example is Voyages in English. Click here and view at 100%. Yes...you can figure out what the words are....but it's more effort to sit and try to figure it out. I can't seem to find the samples of things I've looked at before that are worse than these (they are there, somewhere).

I think the fact that my browser is set to 125% zoom (for all web pages) as a default makes the difference for me. They are clearly readable at 125% although still a bit fuzzy.

I'd let them know -- because perhaps only I have bad enough eye sight that I need the all-the-time zoom. (I need it on here, too, or the posts would be too small & my poor eyes would be too weary at the end of a session.)

I'm not sure why what I'm doing seems to be different from what you are getting. If I click on the book...it takes me to a page with small little samples at the top, and one large sample underneath them...with arrows on both sides to turn the sample pages. It's a large enough sample...but the words are usually not clear enough to read most of the time (cover pages are usually fine). I tried clicking on "view all images" and it takes me to a page with small little samples at the top, and one large sample underneath them...with arrows on both sides to turn the sample pages. ;) So, it's the very same thing that I get, no matter what I click on.

Another example is Voyages in English. Click here and view at 100%. Yes...you can figure out what the words are....but it's more effort to sit and try to figure it out. I can't seem to find the samples of things I've looked at before that are worse than these (they are there, somewhere).

I tried the link, made sure to reset my zoom, and I find them legible. Not perfectly clear, but not too hard to read and IMO good enough for a sample. I tried zooming in and that certainly makes it more clear. (BTW, holding the Ctrl button and spinning your mouse wheel is the easiest way to zoom in/out.)

I was afraid that originally you/others were missing the View All Images link and just clicking on the thumbnails from the product page. That only changes the image on the product page, and those images are too small to be of much use. Just wanted to make sure you were getting to the bigger images. From there it's all about our browsers/monitors/eyesight/preferences, I guess! I don't remember how clear it was before they changed their site up, so if you feel it has gone down in quality it is worth contacting them about. Maybe view them on another computer/device first to see if it is an issue there too.

I often head to CBD to look at their samples too...sometimes they have different pages up. :001_smile:

....who has trouble seeing (reading) the Rainbow Resource sample pages?

:banghead: Since they changed how their sample pages are set-up on the website...most of the time I can't read the sample pages. I see the pages....I see the words....but they aren't clear enough to read. What's the point?? :cursing: I usually have to go over to CBD and hope that they have the same thing and see their samples. I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem....or is my computer screen set up wonky or something??

:iagree: