Menu

Horizon

HRAAB

I used Horizons K and 1 without the TM.

The Horizons rep recommended I get the TM's for gr 2 because it would be easier to check the answers. It also has extra worksheets and lots of teaching ideas which will help me out!

I've used the TM for Horizons K-2. Can you get by without it? Sure. The teacher's manual gives drill activities to cover with each lesson, helps to explain lessons in further detail, gives teaching tips, some hands on lessons, etc. I feel that it has enhanced our math experience a good deal.

I don't find them necessary for answer-checking until level 4--then sometimes it's quicker to get up and get the answer key than to work the problems myself :). Otherwise I just don't use them. If my kids don't get something, I pull out the base 10 blocks & we play for awhile.

Merry :-)

I agree that you don't need it, but it is a time saver to have the answers. I've bought all of my Horizon's TMs used on Amazon. I don't think that I've paid more than $10-12 for any of them. In order to find the right one, you have to do an advanced search using the isbn number. You can find that on the CBD website, if you need it.

--Dawn