Menu

Prepaid cell service from Verizon

I have considered switching to prepaid phone service. Currently we're paying 45 a month for my phone. (1 phone, no texting, no data...just use the phone to call people) I don't use my cell constantly. Most people call me at home. Anyone use this? Are you happy with it? Some tips that I might not have considered?

(I will be using Verizon, because it has the best service in my area. But I'm interested in anyone's input)

I use page plus cellular. It runs on verizons network and you can use any contract verizon phone (meaning you can't use verizon's pay as you go phones but if you had a contract with verizon and let it expire you could use that phone rather than getting a new one) that no longer has a contract on it. The rates for page plus were much cheaper than verizons and you got to use the same towers.

I use page plus cellular. It runs on verizons network and you can use any contract verizon phone (meaning you can't use verizon's pay as you go phones but if you had a contract with verizon and let it expire you could use that phone rather than getting a new one) that no longer has a contract on it. The rates for page plus were much cheaper than verizons and you got to use the same towers.

I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks! Verizon is the best network in my area. I'm glad to be aware of a prepaid option using phones we already own.

A lot of people in my church have switched to Page Plus. So far, I've not heard any complaints.