Menu

Is there an app for that?

I am the owner of a brand new iphone. I am looking to see if hive members can point me in the direction of some specific apps. They are home management and school related so I figured this is a good place to ask.

#1 is there an app (or a couple) to help with shopping management? I meal plan and there really must be something in the app store for me. I would like something that would allow me to plan a meal and then have the ingredients posted to a shopping list. It would be nice if I could remove them as needed as well.

#2 some sort of pantry tracking thing. How many boxes of cheerios do I have in there? Should I buy more? When was the last time I bought cheerios?

#3 is there something that would allow me to scan the isbn of my books and make a library? I just want to scan them. If I have to enter it all, then it prob won't happen.

If you think of any that might interest me, I would be grateful.

and one more question. Again, I figure the Hive is the target market for such things:

Family scheduling. What do you busy moms like? I do have Gcalendar, but never fell in love with it. Mostly because I could only use it on my laptop and that wasn't easy. I just kept things in my datebook. But, if I have a phone I can access Gcalender and that might work.

Unless there is something better...hmmm? Is there something out there that is great for scheduling a busy family of 4, that my kids could access from their own itouches?

and one more question. Again, I figure the Hive is the target market for such things:

Family scheduling. What do you busy moms like? I do have Gcalendar, but never fell in love with it. Mostly because I could only use it on my laptop and that wasn't easy. I just kept things in my datebook. But, if I have a phone I can access Gcalender and that might work.

Unless there is something better...hmmm? Is there something out there that is great for scheduling a busy family of 4, that my kids could access from their own itouches?

We use Cozi. I know there's a paid version but we just use the free version. You can use it on your computer, smartphone, and iPod. It does require internet access though, so the kids would only be able to use it on their iPods when they have wifi. You can color code activities by family member. We use one family password.

I use Ziplist for shopping and I've been happy with it. I usually go to their website to make the list, and you can have different lists for different stores. I really like that, because I hate getting back from lugging all the kids to Costco just to realize I forgot something! We just keep running lists for the different types of stores where we shop.

We just have one Ziplist account and either DH or I can access the list from our iPhones.

#3 is there something that would allow me to scan the isbn of my books and make a library? I just want to scan them. If I have to enter it all, then it prob won't happen.

I use Book Crawler for this. You have options to either scan the ISBN, look a book up on Google Books or manually enter it.

My droid smartphone's calendar syncs with my google calendar. Google calendars can be shared.

I am the owner of a brand new iphone. I am looking to see if hive members can point me in the direction of some specific apps. They are home management and school related so I figured this is a good place to ask.

#1 is there an app (or a couple) to help with shopping management? I meal plan and there really must be something in the app store for me. I would like something that would allow me to plan a meal and then have the ingredients posted to a shopping list. It would be nice if I could remove them as needed as well.

MealBoard is what I use for menu planning and it generates a grocery list that you can click when you have purchased it.

#2 some sort of pantry tracking thing. How many boxes of cheerios do I have in there? Should I buy more? When was the last time I bought cheerios?

GrocerEaze is a pantry tracking app

BookCrawler is my favorite book organization app.

If you think of any that might interest me, I would be grateful.

As for calendar I like Cozi but it seems to run really slow for me....so I am switching to apple calendar because it is on all my Mac devices.

I'm using BookLover for this right now. It helps me keep track of DS1's collection of Star Wars books and lets me keep track of ones he wants, handy for when grandparents ask.