Menu

waiting for boxes JAWM

Soooo, I finally put my order in to Rainbow on Wed. It's a big one!

Waiting for boxes is like a kid waiting for Christmas!! Doesn't it just drive you nutzoid knowing there are boxes coming and having no way to track them?

I'm about ready to explode!! Dragon is just uncontainable because he's so excited! Fury and dh are more subdued and Mr. Picky Pants is clueless. He'll be thrilled when he sees what's in the box for him, I'm sure.

I have to keep from bouncing like a ball so I don't wake the youngest. And now the old Coca-Cola song is running through my head.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company." (How's that for an earworm?)

And the two lines of the song are all I can remember and I've started to sing them out loud. Dragon is looking at me like I'm crazy. :lol:

Now you make me want to sing that song too :tongue_smilie:

"I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,

Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,

I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

[Repeat the last two lines, and in the background:]

It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today. " ( from here)

Mail just came. Fury said there was something from Rainbow. I got soooo excited!

Then I realized it was only their Christmas catalog. *sigh*

BLASPHEMY!!!!! ONLY the Christmas catalog!!!! That is all some of us have got! Jeeze---fancy pants like you with your two boxes!!!!

:lol:

UPDATE:

My boxes came and WOW. Just wow. The girls have already played with the puppets, the lacing cards and now the felt dolls.

Some notes:

1) the laminated wall maps are HUGE. Bigger than I thought.

2) "The Fabulous Book Of Paper Dolls" are not paper AND they require "re-stickable tape", which didnt know and now i need to think of a way to make the dolls work without the tape. :(

#2 is my biggest complaint. I love everything else though.

UPDATE:

My boxes came and WOW. Just wow. The girls have already played with the puppets, the lacing cards and now the felt dolls.

Some notes:

2) "The Fabulous Book Of Paper Dolls" are not paper AND they require "re-stickable tape", which didnt know and now i need to think of a way to make the dolls work without the tape. :(

Lucky you! I have to wait until Thursday.

Do you have a 2-way glue pen? The ones where if you let it sit, it turns into a sort of post-it note. That might help.

UPDATE:

Some notes:

We like this removable tape. It's like the sticky on a post it note.

Lucky you! I have to wait until Thursday.

Do you have a 2-way glue pen? The ones where if you let it sit, it turns into a sort of post-it note. That might help.

I hope youre just as excited as I was!

On another note- we tried to play Qwirkle and are totally lost! Sequence was a big hit though!!

did your stuff come?

No. Not yet. Called yesterday. They didn't yet have a number for me. They said they should have a tracking number for me today. If it's not here by 9:30 then I will be calling. I have to wait until then because we're an hour ahead of them.

Dragon wants me to wait to open the box until he gets home from his haircut if it comes while he's gone. :lol::lol: His face was so serious. I think he forgets how impatient his mama can be. :lol::lol:

UPDATE: Ze box! She came!

Mr. Picky Pants was handed a crayon. He proceeded to decorate the old dry erase board and then moved on to the tray on his desk!!

Dragon was happy to get the invisible pen he wanted. Fury looked at the anatomy coloring book and seemed a little shocked that a coloring book could be so thick but was otherwise unimpressed. Teenagers . . . *sigh*

I have my school year set so I am happy!!