Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean in Newcastle

How long do nitroglycerin headaches last?

I was given nitroglycerin last night in the ER (chest pains, tingling lips which turned out to be not cardiac but muscle cramps in my chest). The nitro gave me a bad headache. They gave me a shot of a pain reliever in the ER which took it away last night. But today I've had a bad headache all day and have felt faint at times. I don't know if could still be related to the nitro or if these are new symptoms. Does anyone know?

According to the Mayo Clinic website, headaches are a common side effect, but then it says less common side effects include headaches and the dizziness/lightheadedness or feeling faint and you should contact your doctor immediately. I would call the pharmacist or the nurses help line or doctor's overnight number, and ask. :grouphug: I hope you feel better soon!

Has your husband taken you blood pressure today?

The last reading was 140/83 this evening but we were at church this morning when I almost fainted and did not have a blood pressure cuff there.

Glad you are home. and not in cardiac trouble!

My dh has had 2 stents and the iv nitro took a few days to shake with headache and dizziness. Of course he had surgery and had to lie on his back as well as have steady nitro for a few days.

Hope you feel better or get help if not.:grouphug:

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin