Menu

Help my dd choose a name for her housecleaning business...

My dd (nearly 19yo) cleans several houses, and she would like to make a business of it. She's very efficient and the people she works for already, are very happy with her work. She's only interested in doing domestic housecleaning, with washing, ironing, etc. Not really vacate cleans, or commercial buildings.

She wants a professional sounding name, but a bit cutesy is fine. Her name begins with 'Y', so we thought about 'Y Clean', but the business registry shows that name is taken. We are drawing a bit of a blank, as every name we can think of is already registered.

So.....any and all ideas appreciated!!:bigear:

I don't have any ideas, but I'm bumping your thread for you, in case someone else is good at this stuff! :001_smile:

My only suggestion is that, whatever she chooses, she should make sure it's easy to spell and if possible, starts with one of the first few letters of the alphabet so it shows up among the first telephone listings. A lot of people start with "A" and move on from there.

All I can think of is the name of a former tv show called, "Clean Sweep" or "A Clean Sweep". I'm sure many ladies here will come up with some great ideas for you!

My dd (nearly 19yo) cleans several houses, and she would like to make a business of it. She's very efficient and the people she works for already, are very happy with her work. She's only interested in doing domestic housecleaning, with washing, ironing, etc. Not really vacate cleans, or commercial buildings.

She wants a professional sounding name, but a bit cutesy is fine. Her name begins with 'Y', so we thought about 'Y Clean', but the business registry shows that name is taken. We are drawing a bit of a blank, as every name we can think of is already registered.

So.....any and all ideas appreciated!!:bigear:

In our area we have: 'Spick and Span', 'Cleaning Fairy Sam', 'Clean Home', 'Clean Living', 'Clean and Sparkle', and 'A Tidy Touch'.

I think I like 'Spick and Span' best (they were also very good cleaners, just not very reliable at turning up regularly :sad:).

Maybe she should choose something that makes her cleaning service or herself in some way unique and build on that. Is she particularly efficient? Does she have a "signature" thing that her clients like? Maybe she could create a particular service and name the business after that (like turn down service with a mint on the pillow - Minty Clean!)? Just a thought. Names should be short, easy to spell and pronounce, and unique - but not weird - in some way.

How about Her Name Cleaning Services. We receive mail regularly for the previous owner of our house and she was simply known as Stacy's Cleaning Company. She didn't use her last name in case she married ;) Another choice may be to use the name of your town or area such as Garland County Cleaning or LA Cleaning company.