Menu

Table top spinner thingy for school supplies from Staples...

I bought it a few years ago, expecting great things, but resold it a year later. I think it would have worked better for older students or for a more workbook-y family. We have too many small manipulatives and odd sized school materials, so we had to do more storage elsewhere. It wasn't worth the real estate on out school table (it's really quite huge). But I have other friends who love it so ymmv.

I love mine! Yes, it is huge and takes up a lot of precious space on a table or desk, but I have mine perched on top of a two-drawer filing cabinet right next to my desk. There is enough room to spin it around and it's an arm's-length away from me. Very convenient.

It stores notebooks, paper, folders, index cards, rulers, pens, pencils, sticky notes, markers, graph paper, manila envelopes, and the list goes on!

I bought one for my sister and she returned it to the store. It was too big for her.

I have this organizer on my desk and love it for the smaller items:

http://www.staples.com/Staples-10-Compartment-Rotating-Desk-Organizer-Black/product_806950?externalize=certona

Edited by ccm

Totally depends on how your school is set up. When we have had a large table and bookshelves not that close, we have used it a lot. When we have a smaller table and closer bookshelves then it stays up on a shelf. It's best for saving you trips back and forth to the shelf.

It is indeed a huge thing, but if you have a large desk or space to store it, you might really like it. We recently got a huge IKEA desk setup and now it is within reach, twirls around with no obstructions, and is super handy to store binders, workbooks, pens, scissors, and other office supplies.