Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-3-2012

Welcome to the Lounge! I'll be going to the store shortly for supplies. Feel free to relax and chat while I'm gone. :auto:

What's on your schedule today? me: grocery shopping. school work with kids. My own homework. Trying not to go crazy when my kids don't listen to me.

Lunch? Who knows!

Anyone planning a Christmas vacation?

Talk to me!:bigear:

Hi ya, Scrap!

I'm not sure what is going to happen to the schedule today since it is breakfast time and no one has come out of their rooms yet. :glare: Time to get this party started!

Basically the schedule will be the normal - school and housecleaning. I am hoping to also add a visit to the library either on the way or the way back from the chiropractor.

No idea on lunch.

Christmas vacation? Um. . . I haven't even thought about Thanksgiving yet.

Today, I'm working. It is Wednesday which means I have to be brilliant today at work. Middle is at school. Yougest vacuumed the floor and cleaned the bathroom. (weird) Now she's watching Magic School Bus. I'm taking her to the developmental opthamologist after lunch today to figure out if she needs motivation or still has vision problems or some of both. I also need a large priority mail box and a customs form so I can send a care package to ds.

I'm having pb&apple for lunch.

We're going skiing for a week at Christmas, as usual.

I'd like to get a nap in today, but doubt that will happen. The boys are actually doing pretty good so far today (knock on wood!). I need to get some cleaning done this afternoon. My dad mentioned something about getting a cabin in Colorado around Christmas, but I'm not sure if he was serious or not.

I'm back! Evidently, coffee is a necessity for brain function this morning as the first pot I brewed, I forgot to add the actual coffee! Round two! Ding, ding, ding! ;)

Just finished a muffin and raspberries with the kids, so time to get crackin'. We're going to start with history today. Sometime today I need to get in a good grocery trip. And I need to finish my own homework. Then I have a meeting tonight which I'll only attend if hubby doesn't have to do extra work.

Okay, off to coffee and history! Later, gators!

Oh, yes! Christmas! I planned a surprise trip to (Karen, are you sitting down? :D ) to Colorado for my family! Woohoo! Early December but it's my Christmas present to them. :)

What's on your schedule today?

Well, after school, a library trip, and a trip to the park to play with friends, I had quite a bit on my schedule, but that is all out now. Dh hit a piece of debris on the highway on the way to work this morning and his car is now out of commission, so we have to leave the park early to pick him up from work. After we get home, I'll have to evaluate how much time we have left and what will still be open and run what errands I can.

Lunch? Who knows!
Today is get your own lunch day. Likely choices will probably be leftovers or hummus sandwiches.

We've been kicking around the idea of going to see my in-laws for Christmas if we can afford it. They live at the beach in a nice area to walk around in the wintertime.

What's on your schedule today? Homeschooling the kids and doing housework in the morning, lunch, then a couple hours at work to catch up on charting.

Lunch? Probably soup.

Anyone planning a Christmas vacation? Nope. We'll take off school the 24-26th.

Welcome to the Lounge! I'll be going to the store shortly for supplies. Feel free to relax and chat while I'm gone. :auto:

What's on your schedule today? me: grocery shopping. school work with kids. My own homework. Trying not to go crazy when my kids don't listen to me.

Lunch? Who knows!

I just got home from taking dd15 to and from her Spanish 2 class. While she was in class, we went to the library, bank and Walmart. Now we're home finishing up schoolwork before we leave for church (the kids have choir & musical practice this afternoon).

Lunch--the kids had sandwiches (peanut butter & nutella) on the way to dd's class. I just had 2 meatballs (reheated from last night's dinner) and a handful of peanut m&m's.

We are not traveling for Christmas. But we are traveling over Thanksgiving. My oldest will be performing in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC. She will be flying with other members from the dance company and staying in the city. The rest of our family will be driving up and staying with family on Long Island. We hope to travel into the city on two of the days and spend the rest of the time visiting relatives. It will be my kids' first trip there and they are SO excited!

So far my day has consisted of just resting - I'm playing hooky :D I was supposed to run errands today, but I was just too tired. Dd is improving slowly - she sounds worse but is actually better. We're in hopes of making the local Girl Scout Expo on Saturday at least for a bit.

We've never taken a Christmas {or any other holiday} vacation :001_smile:

Nothing much here during the day. I really need to go to the grocery but I don't want to so :) We had a long weekend so today was our first day back at school and later we get to go have dinner with my brother and a bunch of friends and family. He is having it at a fish place so I am not sure how I feel about that yet :001_huh:

Not a vacation for us but I was singing Christmas songs in the shower this morning :lol:

Alright, Amy! Getting in the mood! :D

I finally made a run to Wendy's to get us all some protein and other caffeine for me! coffee just wasn't cutting it this morning/today. I'm feeling a little more alert now but still not 100%. Remind me to not stay up so late again when I have to actually function the next day! :tongue_smilie: