Menu

Those who have suffered from ovarian cysts, can you

tell me how you have felt? What were your symptoms? Did you have fatigue, pelvic pain, bloating, etc.? Did you go to the doctor? Did they put you on medicine or birth control pills? What did they do for you? Did they look at your like you were crazy when you told them about your pain? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my 18 yod, who has been suffering for two months with symptoms. She has a small one, but the GYN doctor said she wouldn't remove it. She said the pain, unable to urinate, nausea, lower back pain, bloating, discomfort she is having are not related to ovarian cysts. This is lasting all month long, btw. Not as bad the whole month, but it never goes away. I am confused, to say the least, on what to do.

Thanks for responding!

Molly

I had several burst. They began suddenly and occurred right before my monthly cycle. I had severe sharp pain in the lower right abdomen (already had my appendix out so knew it wasn't that), broke out in repeated sweats, doubled over in extreme agony, passed out cold. I'm guessing I passed out at the moment they burst - don't know for sure. When to the ER for two of them and found that was a waste of time. When I had the third one I just bit the bullet and let it run its course.

I haven't had one since I had a baby. Hmmmm.....

My symptoms were not that severe- I only felt it during s*x, but I had an ultrasound and it was quite large. The doctor just let it be and said they normally go away by themselves, so we waited a couple of cycles. It is normal for cysts to come and go.

I meanwhile took herbs and vitamins, elf prescribing because I am a naturopath.

It was gone next time we looked.

I have no idea if the symptoms your dd is experiencing are related- did they come on only in the last two months?

I had several burst. They began suddenly and occurred right before my monthly cycle. I had severe sharp pain in the lower right abdomen (already had my appendix out so knew it wasn't that), broke out in repeated sweats, doubled over in extreme agony, passed out cold. .....

Mine has burst. It happens to me about once a year. However I really can feel it when I ovulate. YEOUCH!!!! So it is sharp and very painful, I get bloated really bad every month right after I ovulate. I am thin for two weeks then I can't get my shorts to button up without sucking it all in. :glare:

Holly

tell me how you have felt? What were your symptoms? Did you have fatigue, pelvic pain, bloating, etc.? Did you go to the doctor? Did they put you on medicine or birth control pills? What did they do for you? Did they look at your like you were crazy when you told them about your pain? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my 18 yod, who has been suffering for two months with symptoms. She has a small one, but the GYN doctor said she wouldn't remove it. She said the pain, unable to urinate, nausea, lower back pain, bloating, discomfort she is having are not related to ovarian cysts. This is lasting all month long, btw. Not as bad the whole month, but it never goes away. I am confused, to say the least, on what to do.

Thanks for responding!

Molly

Molly, If the doc doesn't think these symptoms are related what does she think is causing them? If she isn't offering any treatment for these "unrelated" symptoms I would find another doctor. Has she had an ultrasound?

When I have ovarian cysts I have pain on that side that varies from dull pain to a pinching of the ovary with intermitant stabbing pain. I had a laproscopy many years ago to remove one cyst that was a fluid filled cyst. The doc said that I would get more of them and I have. They frighten me since both of my grandmothers died from ovarian cancer.

Thanks for responding!

Molly

I'd get a second opinion. Cysts are very painful/uncomfortable. I use to get them monthly and then they would burst. As horrible as they are when they burst, they are still very uncomfortable even if they don't . She could also have something else going on if she feels that cruddy.

I could be wrong but it sounds as if the doctor almost dismissed her discomfort and that isn't right. Pain is there for a reason and if it isn't going away, it should be looked into. She's too young to have that kind of a problem.

I hope that she feels better soon.

Thanks for responding!

Molly

I personally would get a second opinion. My 19yo dd currently has a cyst that is 3cm x 3cm. She was suffering from extreme nausea (so much so that they had to put her on medication for it), bleeding between periods, and pain. They have put her on birth control pills, which apparently aid in the shrinking of the cyst. She is suppose to go back in 2-months.

Krista