Menu

Seriously, we need help for dgs in the car - BADLY!!

I haven't skimmed the 6 pages. Other than lots of activity, snacks, someone back there with him, making sure he's cool and comfortable- make sure his seat is upright enough. For a 13 month old RF, most seats would allow around a 30-35* angle. Many kids are happier more upright. Drop me a PM if I can be more help with that.

:grouphug:

ETA: And thank you for ignoring anyone suggesting you turn him. Turning a 13 m/o shouldn't be an option- and you said it didn't help anyway. More hugs!

Edited by raceNzanesmom

I am sorry to just respond, but it's the first chance I've had.

First, dd always sits in the back with him. She will not drive alone with him because of the screaming.

Second, he isn't sick, unless he's been sick his entire life.

Third, forward facing didn't help.

Fourth, he'll play iPad or phone games, but will not watch a DVD. We always have phones and/or iPad in the car.

Fifth, we always have him snacks and drinks.

We will try Dramamine or something. We are on the road now. We left at 3 this morning. He has slept some, and cried some. We are heading into a Wal-Mart to pick up some stuff.

I'm not sure you can definitively know this unless:

A. Baby was left forward-facing for long enough that carsickness could abate (and it sometimes takes a while)

and

B. Baby was left forward-facing enough times that he's no longer conditioned to *expect* car sickness.

For some of us ff'ing is not an option. Just as if my ff'ing child screamed and my mom suggested I hold him (which I have heard before- most wouldn't consider that an option either). I've also heard too many times of people turning early because their baby screamed and it did nothing. I had a friend do this, it was probably another year or so before the child was calm in the car.

For some of us ff'ing is not an option.

Ah. Sorry, perhaps I missed the details. I thought the OP had mentioned that they'd tried forward-facing, so I thought it *was* an option for them.

Either way, it takes a rather long time for a conditioned response to abate, and if you're used to feeling poorly in the car, you don't immediately feel better within a few minutes. Assuming it didn't work is a little short-sighted, unless you've given it enough time to truly make a difference.

I am sorry to just respond, but it's the first chance I've had.

First, dd always sits in the back with him. She will not drive alone with him because of the screaming.

Second, he isn't sick, unless he's been sick his entire life.

Fourth, he'll play iPad or phone games, but will not watch a DVD. We always have phones and/or iPad in the car.

Fifth, we always have him snacks and drinks.

We will try Dramamine or something. We are on the road now. We left at 3 this morning. He has slept some, and cried some. We are heading into a Wal-Mart to pick up some stuff.

Have you tried music? Even singing to him? Just a thought.

Hope you have safe and peaceful travels!