Menu

Dinner Gift Help!

My next door neighbor's grandson came 13 weeks early. He obviously does better some weeks than others. Anyway, I have volunteered to do dinners on Thursdays for the forseeable future here.

There is a 10 year old son with no food issues and a DH I cook for. I obviously cook for the mother too and she is a vegetarian, not vegan. They are all great foodies because they grew up with fabulous nutrition and my neighbor's farm is a certified naturally grown farm that grows hundreds of gorgeous veggies and fruits. So I feel like I can pack the heck out of food nutritionally and I don't have to worry about fussy eaters.

Last week, I made buffalo shepherd's pie for the boy and father and a vegetarian shepherd's pie for the mother.

Today, I made a giant dish of homemade macaroni and cheese. The poor mom is driving back and forth tyring to take care of a sick baby and a 10 year old with ADHD. The mom is pumping her breastmilk and doing everything she can to insure her son's survival.

I'm obviously focusing on comfort foods. Any ideas for dinner for next week?

My macaroni and cheese and my shepherd's pie are the comfort foods I make best. I make a good chicken soup but that won't work for the mom and I'm not thrilled with the idea of taking over two giant pots of soup. What's a good comfort soup for vegetarians?

I make giant dishes of stuff so the neighbors can get an easy meal too. My neighbor is doing a ton of driving and childcare along the way too and they have the farm to maintain as well.

Thanks to anyone who will help!

The baby is a very cute little guy with a full head of black hair. His name is Rain. :)

First of all, it is absolutely wonderful that you're doing that for your neighbor. My son was 10 weeks early and having some friends help while he was in the hospital was wonderful. Here's :grouphug: for you, the family, and the baby.

My favorite vegetarian soup is the soup nazi's mulligatawny (from Seinfeld). It uses chicken stock, but vegetable stock can easily be substituted. The soup and some rolls or a loaf of crusty bread is a wonderful meal. Black beans and rice are also a nice comfort food.

First of all, it is absolutely wonderful that you're doing that for your neighbor. My son was 10 weeks early and having some friends help while he was in the hospital was wonderful. Here's :grouphug: for you, the family, and the baby.

My favorite vegetarian soup is the soup nazi's mulligatawny (from Seinfeld). It uses chicken stock, but vegetable stock can easily be substituted. The soup and some rolls or a loaf of crusty bread is a wonderful meal. Black beans and rice are also a nice comfort food.

The fact that this is a SEINFELD recipe cinched it. :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you soooo much!!!