Menu

Question about Disney and a 2 yo

Dd is 2 yo and 36" tall and has just finished a growth spurt. We are discussing disney around either Thanksgiving or Christmas. She has been on kiddie rides at local fairs without problesm. How much would she actually be allowed to do at Disneyworld if we took her in 2-3 months? She isn't going to hit 40" by then.

Lots. There are some things she can't ride, but she'll be fine on the vast majority of Disney rides. The ones she can't ride will often be set up for "kid swap", so you wait in line as a family, one adult rides with big kids, the parents switch the little one, and the other parent rides.

Here's a list of what will be too big for your child by height. It looks like a lot, 'til you realize it just represents a few rides each at four parks. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm

My dd wasn't as tall as your 2yo when she was 4yo, and we had a great time. Yes, she was excited to go back and able to ride even more, but she had lots of fun...

Lots. There are some things she can't ride, but she'll be fine on the vast majority of Disney rides. The ones she can't ride will often be set up for "kid swap", so you wait in line as a family, one adult rides with big kids, the parents switch the little one, and the other parent rides.

Here's a list of what will be too big for your child by height. It looks like a lot, 'til you realize it just represents a few rides each at four parks. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm

My dd wasn't as tall as your 2yo when she was 4yo, and we had a great time. Yes, she was excited to go back and able to ride even more, but she had lots of fun...

Yep, about 15 at the four main parks; the list includes the water parks and Disney Quest. most of them are not rides that toddlers are going to be clamoring to ride - if she's a huge Stitch fan, she might be disappointed to walk past Stitch's Great Escape, but you can't actually see that ride (Stitch is outside, but the ride itself is inside, just don't tell her it's a ride!).

((geepers, she's tall! any my kids are short: they didn't hit 40" till they were six))

We aren't big TV people so she really isn't into the characters. My FIL is turning 75 this year and we were thinking maybe a family day at Disney for a gift to him and to my MIL for her birthday later. We just remeasured more exactly and she is 35 1/2", shoes would put her over 36". I am 5' 9" Dh is 5'9" My brother and father are both well over 6'.

Thanks for the advice. We are still discussing either Seaworld or Disney, but we have few more days to decide.

We just got back from Disney yesterday, and my son turned 3 while we were there. He is 38", just barely with shoes. He was not able to ride at magic kingdom - big thunder mountain railroad (a little coaster), splash mountain, space mountain (another coaster)...I think that was about it. The only thing he was dissappointed about not being able to ride was the dinosaur ride at animal kingdom but that was too scary anyway.

Magic kingdom had lots he could do - shows and rides. There were honestly many more things that he could do that he shouldn't do - like shows that were scary or rides that he was allowed on that scared him due to loudness or darkness, etc. He's easily frightened though.

We went to sea world also, he loved the animals and the shows. Also, they have a kids ride area that my 2 loved! There was one kids coaster that required 38" that he could ride but your little one couldn't at 36". All the other kids rides he was able to ride, and they were appropriate as well - not scary or too intense. HTH

We live nearby now and all of my kids have been there in that height range and had a BLAST.

It's much better to be 2 and 36 inches than 4 and 41 (I think the MK mountains are all 42-44 inches) (and wishing you could ride the small handful of big kid rides - maybe 4-5 in Magic Kingdom - 2 I think in Epcot, 2-3 in Hollywood studios and 3-4 In Animal Kingdom)

Our youngest is about 34 inches and 19 months - she regularly has a BLAST and enjoys nearly everything we do! Two weeks ago we went to Hollywood Studio and she was LOVING Playhouse disney live on stage!