Menu

Screening books for appropriateness

sweetpea3829

We use an online movie screening website...http://www.pluggedin.com to pre-screen movies before we let our kiddos see them. Often, we'll screen online, and then watch it ourselves and THEN make a final decision on whether to let our kids see it.

Anyways, is there anything like plugged in for books? Christian reviews of children's books...lol. While I would love to sit and pre-read everything I end up reading outloud to my kiddos...fact is, I just don't have that kind of time. I haven't had time for pleasure reading in ages. (I know, I know...I need to make time...we'll get there, but for now).

Any suggestions?

Common Sense Media linked by previous poster includes books too. It isn't a Christian perspective though. I use it all the time for books.. I also google like crazy and I often spend hours in the library previewing books. We aren't Christian but DD is very sensitive so I am very particular; it can take a lot of time!

Common Sense Media linked by previous poster includes books too. It isn't a Christian perspective though. I use it all the time for books.. I also google like crazy and I often spend hours in the library previewing books. We aren't Christian but DD is very sensitive so I am very particular; it can take a lot of time!

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/book-reviews

We use an online movie screening website...www.pluggedin.com to pre-screen movies before we let our kiddos see them. Often, we'll screen online, and then watch it ourselves and THEN make a final decision on whether to let our kids see it.

Anyways, is there anything like plugged in for books? Christian reviews of children's books...lol. While I would love to sit and pre-read everything I end up reading outloud to my kiddos...fact is, I just don't have that kind of time. I haven't had time for pleasure reading in ages. (I know, I know...I need to make time...we'll get there, but for now).

Any suggestions?

I have no idea why I have not heard of plugged in...I listen to Focus on the Family a lot! What a great resource!

Thanks for sharing and asking the question!

:bigear: