Menu

I mean....I *had* to get it. Right??

BatmansWife

I made an unexpected trip over to Walmart yesterday because our computer mouse broke. I went over by the section where they have the file folder crates (kind of by seasonal and lawn and garden). There is was. I had never seen it at our Walmart before. It was just staring up at me saying, "You know you want me.....you know you wanna bring me home." There was no price. I put it in the cart and started searching for a price checker. I was told to look by the sports dept. The price checker didn't work. I flagged down an employee who scanned it. It *wasn't* on sale (I don't thnk). :sad: But.....it was oooooonly $34.97. :blush: AND she told me it was the.very.last.one. Well, how could I go put it back on the shelf?? And it was so pretty. I know....I know....totally an impulse buy. :tongue_smilie:

I put it together myself this morning and I love it. :001_wub: Now to decide if I should switch over my workbox system to this.

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I hate to rain on your parade, but I bought one (or maybe I should say I bought a bunch). It is perfect for LIGHT stuff, but do not put anything even remotely heavy in it. It makes the sides push apart and the drawers fall down after a while. Mine were perfect for about a month, and every single drawer is falling now.

I read that on a review. Maybe that will be the reason to use it as our workboxes then. It was either workboxes, or loading the drawers with a bunch of workbooks for storage. But with workboxes it would be like one workbook or a few worksheets, pencil and maybe a book...I wouldn't think they would be over loaded. I'll try to be careful not to over load it and maybe it will end up being fine. Fingers crossed!

I bought one of those a few months ago at my walmart but it was only $29.96. I got it for my dd to keep in her room for art supplies. Some of them are pretty full of construction paper and other not so light items and it's held up fine.

:001_tt2: on your sale price.

:lol:

I'm glad to hear that yours (or hers) is holding up fine.

Just think of the poor cart all alone in the walmart floor just hoping to go home with a great family. I mean, what if it turned evil for lack of someone buying it? All in all, you did the world a favor. It could've brought about the end of the world as we know it.

I knew I did the right thing....thanks for confirming.

:D

I have one of those that I am using as "workboxes" for my 2.5yo. Because she insists on doing school too! My only problem with it is that the drawers so easily come out of the tracks, almost like the drawers are a smidge too narrow, and so the kids have problems getting them back in correctly. I wonder if it's just mine?

I love the pretty colours too. My above-mentioned 2.5yo figured out how to take the knobs off so for awhile I would find them in a pile somewhere, or all taken off and placed in one of the drawers. :)

I just got these delivered today! They are kind of cheap, but all the drawers fit good. I made sure to tighten all the screws really tight so that the bars and are as tight as they can be and thus the drawers fit snugger.

They say each drawer can hold 3 lbs, but I doubt that. I am just using it for workbooks and stuff. I am going to put our big ol History and Science Encyclopedia spines on a shelf.

I just got these delivered today! They are kind of cheap, but all the drawers fit good. I made sure to tighten all the screws really tight so that the bars and are as tight as they can be and thus the drawers fit snugger.

They say each drawer can hold 3 lbs, but I doubt that. I am just using it for workbooks and stuff. I am going to put our big ol History and Science Encyclopedia spines on a shelf.

That's what I was going to suggest to anyone that has this cart....tighten those screws with that thing-a-ma-bob really tight. I think the tighter you make it the snugger it gets. But, they really should have made the edge of each side of the drawers a little wider.