Menu

Selling on Amazon.

I need guidance. I sold a few books on Amazon. One of the books I sold was returned today for insufficient address. I googled the address and it appears to be an apartment complex, but the address listed on Amazon doesn't have an apartment number.

I'm about to write the buyer and inform him of the situation. Do I ask for the apartment number and resend the package at my own cost?

It was only a $15 dollar book in the first place, and cost nearly 4 dollars to send. Plus $1 for the box, and Amazon's fees, and my time/gas going to the post office. Do I just have to suck it up and eat the extra $4 dollars shipping costs? (If that's the right answer- it's okay to tell me. But DD needs a new level of Singapore soon, which is what these sold books are supposed to pay for!! :lol:)

Tough call. I'd contact him and tell him that the item was returned to you for insufficient address. Tell him you already paid the shipping and if he wants the item, he needs to send the correct address and $4.00 for the second shipping costs.

:iagree: If he trashes you in reviews, calmly reply in the reviews. I read those replies, and many sound very believable.

Contact Amazon and see what you need to do.

If Amazon supplied you with an incomplete address for the buyer, they may reimburse you for the cost of re-sending the package.

Do this.:iagree:

Don't do anything on your own, especially collecting additional funds.

Tough call. I'd contact him and tell him that the item was returned to you for insufficient address. Tell him you already paid the shipping and if he wants the item, he needs to send the correct address and $4.00 for the second shipping costs.

I doubt that will work, because he could just demand a refund at this point and Amazon will give it to him and take it out of your payment. I'd ask Amazon.