Menu

Another Christmas thread , sorry

So i have officially started Christmas shopping. Hollister and Aeropostale are having at least 50% and 60% off. So I went ahead and bought all the clothes and saved a bundle. I think stores are having such great sales before they bring in the new stuff for Christmas.

This year the children will get one big ticket item and a few small things and clothes.

Has anyone else started shopping?

I'm trying to, but so far havent found any MUST HAVE items that are having an awesome sale...

Oldest (almost 13) desperatly needs jeans, shirts, jacket and coat, but that will have to wait... Luckilly, we are in Texas so it's not like a snowstorm will be coming in tomorrow or anything. He doesn't care about name brand, but he is picky what he wears... I usually refuse to buy anything for him without his approval because he'll just never wear it. (UUGH!)

Ok - I hate to admit it, but I bought something for my daughter yesterday. She just got her first pair of glasses which she was not at all excited about. But I took her to a specialty kid's place and let her pick out frame leopard print frames (so cute!). Well I found a faux fur girls leopard print winter coat that she would go nuts for yesterday so I bought it and am trying my best to wait for Christmas! I might let one of her grandmas give it to her. :)

I found a Bruder garbage truck at TJMaxx yesterday and put it away for Christmas for my 2yo. I also bought another CAT truck at Costco last week for him. So, far that is it. I am all for picking up things when you see them, I just have a hard time not just giving it to them ;)

No shopping here- money has been saved and put aside for Christmas but our kids are grown and we wait until at least November to see if they mention what they'd like. Most years, they each tell us a couple of things they either really need or really want.

I don't want to buy yet for the grandkids. Their parents will generally see something they think the girls will really like and we buy that- they live 850 miles away so we don't always know what toys they have. Sometimes we gift experiences instead- aquarium visit, ballet lessons, etc.