Menu

Can't sleep, so cleaning

My husband took the kids for an overnight at his parents. His plan was to give me a nice relaxing day. I really tried! I read on the internet, looked at Pinterest, read some of the book I'm reading, tried watching a couple sitcoms on ABC(really don't do this!) and ate some yummy food. I should be all ready for bed, but I'm missing them and it's weird to sleep in an empty house.

I've vacuumed, decluttered two of the bathrooms, the playroom, and the bookshelves, have a comet on the shower, tub, and toilets waiting for me, , and am ignoring the kitchen(I hate cleaning the kitchen). :glare:

I lead an exciting life! Please tell me I'm not the only person who has done this?

I'm still up, too, so you might as well come over and clean my house when you're done with yours.

And since you'll already be in the car, maybe you could stop at the store on your way here and pick up some cupcakes. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

:grouphug: Mrs. Basil. My family would actually have to go somewhere without me for me to know how I would react, but I could see myself taking advantage of their absence to get some work done. :)

I'm still up, too, so you might as well come over and clean my house when you're done with yours.

And since you'll already be in the car, maybe you could stop at the store on your way here and pick up some cupcakes. :D

Gee, I totally would, but my husband took the car. So can't help you with the cleaning or the cupcakes tonight. Too bad, so sorry. :D

Ibby, I love your Pro Cupcake Shots sig! Can I borrow it?

DH was all have fun and relax. I thought I would! I think he might go into shock when he sees how nice the place looks.....hey, wait a minute. He's not going to start EXPECTING me to uphold this is he?

I could go watch TV. I've still never seen all of Firefly and I have a new to me Terry Pratchett I haven't started yet....

Ibby, I love your Pro Cupcake Shots sig! Can I borrow it?

DH was all have fun and relax. I thought I would! I think he might go into shock when he sees how nice the place looks.....hey, wait a minute. He's not going to start EXPECTING me to uphold this is he?

I could go watch TV. I've still never seen all of Firefly and I have a new to me Terry Pratchett I haven't started yet....

Sure, use it. :D. Firefly is awesome. I was so sad it got cancelled. Serenity is the movie based on the show and that was good too. :)

In my defense, it's kind of a long drive from Colorado to Florida. And they have hurricanes.

But it's not that long of a drive from CO to Nebraska. We're neighbors!

BTW, I'm only up because I'm from Louisiana. There is something in my DNA that prevents me from sleeping when a hurricane hits LA. Also, I kinda think Jim Cantore is hot. If only he would wear a kilt while broadcasting during a hurricane;).

BTW, I'm only up because I'm from Louisiana. There is something in my DNA that prevents me from sleeping when a hurricane hits LA. Also, I kinda think Jim Cantore is hot. If only he would wear a kilt while broadcasting during a hurricane;).

We are neighbors and we could watch movies while we both dealt with this insomnia thing. Nebraska is a doable drive. Western Nebraska or do I have drive across the entire cornfield...err...state?

I hope Louisiana stays safe! I had to Google Jim Cantore and you are not wrong. Go kilts!

In my defense, it's kind of a long drive from Colorado to Florida. And they have hurricanes.

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: Lol. He is kinda hot! If only he didn't talk so much. :p. Seriously does he ever stop talking? He's like a weather version Bob Costas, although decidedly easier on the eyes. :D

I hope your peeps stay safe. :grouphug:

You know what Bob Costas is good for? Commentating on a baseball game. You have to keep talking or your audience might fall asleep, plus baseball commentators seem to be contractually obligated to just keep coming up with facts and stats, no matter how insignificant.

This is the 1st time the Royals have won a day game that was played on Tuesday in July!!!!

BTW, I love baseball. It just has issues.....

You know what Bob Costas is good for? Commentating on a baseball game. You have to keep talking or your audience might fall asleep, plus baseball commentators seem to be contractually obligated to just keep coming up with facts and stats, no matter how insignificant.

This is the 1st time the Royals have won a day game that was played on Tuesday in July!!!!

BTW, I love baseball. It just has issues.....

Baseball really is boring, especially Royals baseball. And you know you all would love Jim Cantore if he would just shut up and wear a kilt!

Baseball really is boring, especially Royals baseball. And you know you all would love Jim Cantore if he would just shut up and wear a kilt!

:lol::lol: It sure would add some excitement to hurricane reporting! Lol

I don't watch baseball all season, just the playoffs and the World Series, but those games are exciting to me. When the Florida Marlins played the Yankees back in 2003, I bit ALL of my fingernails off! And I don't even bite my nails!! DH was practically having a heart attack! He had to go outside and walk around the block a few times. It was so exciting! Even better that our little rag tag team beat The Mighty Yankees!! :hurray:

:lol::lol: It sure would add some excitement to hurricane reporting! Lol

I don't watch baseball all season, just the playoffs and the World Series, but those games are exciting to me. When the Florida Marlins played the Yankees back in 2003, I bit ALL of my fingernails off! And I don't even bite my nails!! DH was practically having a heart attack! He had to go outside and walk around the block a few times. It was so exciting! Even better that our little rag tag team beat The Mighty Yankees!! :hurray:

While it's always nice to see the Yankees lose, the Marlins beat my beloved Cubs to make it to that game. I remember getting ready for my wedding and watching my Cubs biff it and just being so :confused::glare::crying:.

I got over it, then I went to Florida on my honeymoon during the World Series. :tongue_smilie::lol:

My bathrooms are clean, my kitchen is halfway there, I've listened to several Adele songs on Youtube, and read some of The Oatmeal's comics.

Productive period of not being able to sleep....of course, now I'm wired. I will finish the kitchen and tackle on of the two clutter hotspots in the house. The other one will have to wait, because it's mostly DH's stuff that I don't know what to do with.

While it's always nice to see the Yankees lose, the Marlins beat my beloved Cubs to make it to that game. I remember getting ready for my wedding and watching my Cubs biff it and just being so

I got over it, then I went to Florida on my honeymoon during the World Series. :tongue_smilie::lol:

Oh, I'm sorry about your team. :grouphug: That's nice you didn't hold it against us though and still came here for your honeymoon. :). Which part of Florida did you come to?

My bathrooms are clean, my kitchen is halfway there, I've listened to several Adele songs on Youtube, and read some of The Oatmeal's comics.

Productive period of not being able to sleep....of course, now I'm wired. I will finish the kitchen and tackle on of the two clutter hotspots in the house. The other one will have to wait, because it's mostly DH's stuff that I don't know what to do with.

My you have been productive! :hurray: Oh somewhere in there you really should watch some Firefly. Maybe to wind down with after you finish decluttering. It's really a good show. :)

I'm here not sleeping thinking of all the cleaning I have to do in the morning. :(

Oh, I'm sorry about your team. :grouphug: That's nice you didn't hold it against us though and still came here for your honeymoon. :). Which part of Florida did you come to?

My you have been productive! :hurray: Oh somewhere in there you really should watch some Firefly. Maybe to wind down with after you finish decluttering. It's really a good show. :)

I'm here not sleeping thinking of all the vleaning I have to do in the morning. :(

We went to Disney World. We had so much fun, I hope we can take our kids back there someday.

I think I might watch that here in a few minutes. I should fold clothes while doing that, but I might just veg out. ;)

We went to Disney World. We had so much fun, I hope we can take our kids back there someday.

I think I might watch that here in a few minutes. I should fold clothes while doing that, but I might just veg out. ;)

You'll love it I bet. Nathan Fillion is great in it. :). I love Disney too. I've gone there so many times and never get tired of it. :). My mom honeymooned there too when she married my step dad. She stayed at the Contemporary hotel. :)

You'll love it I bet. Nathan Fillion is great in it. :). I love Disney too. I've gone there so many times and never get tired of it. :). My mom honeymooned there too when she married my step dad. She stayed at the Contemporary hotel. :)

OK, I'm off to finish decluttering and veg. It's 2 am here, which means.....gah! I hope you get to sleep in Ibby!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Night!

OK, I'm off to finish decluttering and veg. It's 2 am here, which means.....gah! I hope you get to sleep in Ibby!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Night!

Ugh, it's 5:47 am and I'm still not sleeping. :( I'm drinking some warm milk and hoping I can fall asleep soon.

I love cleaning, especially when I'm alone and get that second wind.

Right now I'm supposed to be drafting some boring documents. Would have no trouble sleeping if I could get away with it!

I also feel weird when my kids have a sleepover. It's both nice and strange.