Menu

Need another new house solution - what do I do with the "dog towel?"

Our new house has a very open floor plan. I need to have a towel by the back door for wiping my dogs' feet in the morning (or when it rains), but I don't know what to do with it. Right now it's on the floor. :tongue_smilie: Would you hang a towel bar by the back door? Down low? Is that stupid? Hanging one outside would be hard b/c the exterior of the house is brick.

Ideas?

We also have a dog towel, but ours uhh... is on the floor. :tongue_smilie: It's there from the first time the dog goes out until a little later in the morning, after the grass is dry. Then we put it in the laundry room to be used throughout the day as needed. If it's raining, the towel stays folded up (like a rug) by the back door. We do have tile by the door and not hardwood.

Does it need to be out to dry, or could you fold it up into a basket that hangs beside the door?

What about one of those throw rugs that doesn't have a backing - like a rag rug but nicer. They are thick, but still somwewhat towel-like. You could use it to wipe feet, but still put it on the floor and it would look like a rug.