Menu

What's your favourite thing to do with cherries?

I have more cherries than I know what to do with. What do you do with cherries?

I can eat cherries until I nearly die. I love them so much. We live in AR where cherries aren't, so when I get them at the store (at like $5 a pound) I eat them until they are gone.

Guest Virginia Dawn
I can eat cherries until I nearly die. I love them so much. We live in AR where cherries aren't, so when I get them at the store (at like $5 a pound) I eat them until they are gone.

Me too.

I freeze them whole but washed and take them out in the spring when I really want a taste of summer. They are great as little idy bity popsicles. They need to be stored in a zip lock bag to avoid freezer burn.:001_smile:

Oh, yum everyone! Thank you. I, too can eat cherries until I throw up. I have eaten and eaten and will continue to eat the cherries. Unfortunately, my dog has also eaten and eaten the cherries as evidenced by the package I was greeted with as I came down the stairs yesterday morning. Last night, he was kind enough to bark at 3am (or I was worried enough about more packages that I was able to hear the bark) so that I could let him and his cherry-ridden digestive system outside.

So far, I've been pitting and freezing them and I have also been dehydrating them. I love the salad idea and will try that for dinner tomorrow. I am intrigued by the idea of making preserves in my bread machine but I'm not brave enough to can this year - that's next year's project.

I really, really want to know about this cherry fruit leather, WTMindy - is it fairly straightforward to make?

Thanks again everyone!