Menu

letter tiles and board for OPGTTR

hsingscrapper

The dry erase boards are relatively cheap right now. I just a large board to fit all the tiles.

While the tiles aren't necessary in level 1, they really become necessary in other letters. The reason I think they are necessary is because of the visual aids. Vowel teams are one color, consonant teams another. When the "oa" is together on the tiles, the child starts thinking of it as one sound. Ur, er, etc., etc. are all on one tile, aiding in memory and visualization of the words. There are other tiles too, including syllable tags, which could be made if you want.

Now that I'm typing it all out, as you look through the program, you should be able to make up a set by using Excel or something of the sort to create equal-sized cells with all the phonograms, etc. The scope and sequence may help to create everything you need. Then you can laminate them and put magnets on the back. It may be easier to buy the set, though.

The dry erase boards are relatively cheap right now. I just a large board to fit all the tiles.

While the tiles aren't necessary in level 1, they really become necessary in other letters. The reason I think they are necessary is because of the visual aids. Vowel teams are one color, consonant teams another. When the "oa" is together on the tiles, the child starts thinking of it as one sound. Ur, er, etc., etc. are all on one tile, aiding in memory and visualization of the words. There are other tiles too, including syllable tags, which could be made if you want.

Now that I'm typing it all out, as you look through the program, you should be able to make up a set by using Excel or something of the sort to create equal-sized cells with all the phonograms, etc. The scope and sequence may help to create everything you need. Then you can laminate them and put magnets on the back. It may be easier to buy the set, though.

I think this poster is referring to AAS, not OPGTR.

I used cheapo magnetic letters from the fridge, too, but with a mini-whiteboard. I also purchased the pdf download of flashcards so I didn't have to worry about making them.