Menu

Laundry help!

Recently I noticed that our laundry doesn't smell very good after I wash it. We have hard water and I own a non-HE top loader.

I used to use natural detergent, but decided I wanted good smelling clothes so we switched to my childhood Tide. I've been using Tide for about 4 months or so.

The clothes look clean. They just smell icky. The guys clothes still smell bad, but not as bad as when they were worn, but still like guy smell. Linens smell weird. The diapers still smell a little after being washed and rinsed several times.

Any suggestions or solutions? Or maybe ideas on what might be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Recently I noticed that our laundry doesn't smell very good after I wash it. We have hard water and I own a non-HE top loader.

I used to use natural detergent, but decided I wanted good smelling clothes so we switched to my childhood Tide. I've been using Tide for about 4 months or so.

The clothes look clean. They just smell icky. The guys clothes still smell bad, but not as bad as when they were worn, but still like guy smell. Linens smell weird. The diapers still smell a little after being washed and rinsed several times.

Any suggestions or solutions? Or maybe ideas on what might be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Try lifting the lid and letting them soak before agitating. Also, adding a cup of ammonia or white vinegar to the load can really help get rid of that boy funk. Use hot water too. I use these tricks on funky judo gis. Those things are why I can never have a front loader. They need to soak in a tub of water to really recover.