Menu

Selling baked goods

I was thinking of trying to sell fresh baked bread and cinnamon rolls at my homeschool co-op group and maybe to the farmer's market or my DH's office. I don't want to have to get licensed or make a big deal, just try to make a few extra dollars.

What would you charge for the bread? I am thinking both white and wheat. What about the cinnamon rolls? Anyone ever try this? Think there is a market for this kind of stuff?

Thanks!

I haven't sold my stuff, but, I want you to know that I would buy anything you make! I love your cinnamon rolls!

I do, however, get my gym membership free if I bake one of my chocolate cakes per week for the staff there. They love that cake! The gym owner doesn't like chocolate, but, I have made at least 3 just for her alone!

Hope this goes well for you as a good business!

I know a young lady that sells baked goods on Wed. night. She takes orders and returns the next week with the items.

Bread was $3.00. Cookies were more.

She has raised funds for several missions trips over the last few years.

Best of luck to you. I love cinnamon rolls!!!

I'd ask whoever runs the farmers market who to ask, if anyone, in advance about how much you can make and sell w/o a license and/or inspection form the health dept. Plus look at your insurance - if anyone (not that it would happen) got ill from something you made - or claimed they did - are you covered?

I think yeast breads/rolls would sell like hot cakes :drool5:

I'd ask whoever runs the farmers market who to ask, if anyone, in advance about how much you can make and sell w/o a license and/or inspection form the health dept. Plus look at your insurance - if anyone (not that it would happen) got ill from something you made - or claimed they did - are you covered?

:iagree:

About pricing, fresh, local bread is expensive, $5-6 a loaf. Generous sized loaves, and oh so good, but still... (Three different producers that I can think of offhand, so that must be the going rate around here.)

It's just once a year, though. I've been working at election polling places the past few years and the lines get really long, especially around mealtime -- before work, after school, at the lunch hour, and right after work. When our group works we always bring snacks with us and people always ask us if they can have some. There is definitely a demand! If you call a few polling places you might be able to ask the hosting place, especially if it's a church or town hall, if you can sell some snacks. You might wind up setting up your stand outside the building, but wow, what a lemonade stand! And coffee, cinnamon rolls, sodas, sandwiches, etc., etc. You wouldn't need permission from your local board of elections, just the place that hosts the election day polling.

It's just once a year, though. I've been working at election polling places the past few years and the lines get really long, especially around mealtime -- before work, after school, at the lunch hour, and right after work. When our group works we always bring snacks with us and people always ask us if they can have some. There is definitely a demand! If you call a few polling places you might be able to ask the hosting place, especially if it's a church or town hall, if you can sell some snacks. You might wind up setting up your stand outside the building, but wow, what a lemonade stand! And coffee, cinnamon rolls, sodas, sandwiches, etc., etc. You wouldn't need permission from your local board of elections, just the place that hosts the election day polling.

Excellent idea! Thank you. And the place we vote is less than 3 miles from my house so it wouldn't be a huge hassle.