Menu

to the point of tears . . .

Absolutely. This year has been tough. We just moved to Ohio from Florida. In a couple weeks a second moving truck will be arriving, and I still have boxes to unpack (purge) from the first truck. I have approximately a week to get in my notification, yet I haven't even made final decisions on the curriculum (though I have enough in many, many boxes to educate any grade level). There's been no planning. The school room is filled with boxes. I need to paint and purchase supplies.

Some years, whether one's first or twenty-fifth, are just overwhelming.

All I can advise is to make a list of what you need to do to prepare. Focus on one thing (subject) before moving on to the next. Mark each item off the list. It'll come together.

:grouphug:

Have you ever taken a look at your resources for homeschooling, thought about planning, and needs and felt so overwhelmed that your first reaction is adeluge of tears?

What do you need? Maybe I have something. I have lots of books and things I have not yet eliminated. I can see if you can let me know.

Have you ever taken a look at your resources for homeschooling, thought about planning, and needs and felt so overwhelmed that your first reaction is adeluge of tears?

Yes...then anger....then chocolate .....then wine...now, it is 1:30 am...and I have a plan in my head...and almost 1 full quarter on paper!

Sometimes, you just have to start....sort of like a term paper....kWIM?

We received a blessing earlier this year and our math choices aren't working out for our ds (9) and we can't afford a math program more suited to his learning style. :(

What math do you want? I have some extra programs batting around here. They may have a page or 2 written on....but are still good to use....

Feel free to pm me...

Yes I have, but very fortunately not this year (at least not yet). Remember you do not have to start in full force with everything all at once. We started 2 weeks ago but with what we have (about 3/4 of our total load) while we settle in the rest and can be full force in a couple of weeks. When we are winding down our year we will finish some items earlier and have more breathing room earlier.