Menu

Vandiver's Iliad on sale $12.50 at TC

I HIGHLY recommend her Odyssey--Ds used it in high school, and it was GREAT. It allowed him to practice taking notes, and gave him more backround and allowed him to go deeper into the text than he would have with me. He ranks The Odyssey as one of his favorite books.

I'm jumping on this for dd, even if we never homeschool again!

We have the Iliad and Odyssey on audio download only. Dvds are great, but we get more use out of the programs by listening in the car. I don't feel like we are missing any important maps or other images like we would if we only listened to Bob Brier's Egypt lectures. We listen to those, but I would recommend the DVDs first.

We have the Iliad and Odyssey on audio download only. Dvds are great, but we get more use out of the programs by listening in the car. I don't feel like we are missing any important maps or other images like we would if we only listened to Bob Brier's Egypt lectures. We listen to those, but I would recommend the DVDs first.

Thanks Michele!! That is great to hear :) I love downloads, because the shipping to canada is usually so expensive and there are never 'free shipping to canada' sales :confused:

I was wondering about Brier's Egypt series as an audio. I'm assuming then that TC didn't provide any of his maps and images as a pdf.

Well, Vandiver's lectures are so worthwhile as an audio download, with that coupon, that I have to give TC a try. First time. Thanks Yvonne.

I have the audio downloads of the huge Bob Brier history of Egypt. I listen to them in the car sometimes. BUT - I LOVE the dvds - so many great pictures as well as Bob himself who is a pleasure to watch. I also went and heard him speak - I really like Bob! I would recommend the dvds on that one.

sorry, I didn't answer your question. A syllabus with an outline and suggested readings comes with the dvd. I also purchased the transcripts for that one because I wanted to be able to read it whenever. I have never gotten the transcripts for another course. I think there might be a download of the syllabus for the audio download, but I don't think it has images - you could check, but that would be a whole lot of images!

Edited by Michele B
left off part of answer

• 2 weeks later...