Menu

Can you buy a reader schedule from sonlight still?

staceyobu

You can still get the JUST Readers schedule for ALL cores/levels. You just have to dig around for it. I have a Reader schedule right now, in my cart, for 1st grade readers. It's like $6 bucks or something. They are there, and you don't have to get the whole CORE for it.

-Just go to Readers Packages under the HomeSchool Curriculum Tab

-Then pick which Grade Level you want. For example, I picked Grade 1 Reades with Language Arts.

-Then you see all the options. You can get the WHOLE Reader/Language Arts program for $150, etc..or JUST the Reader schedule for $5.99

Can anyone chime in on the 1st grade SL reading schedule? Is it worth it? Or should I just not spend anymore money?!

I don't have first grade but I have 2nd to 4/5th. They include a schedule grid for reading, maps and comprehension questions. They are not much money and very worth it to me.

You can still get the JUST Readers schedule for ALL cores/levels. You just have to dig around for it.

It's only for Readers K through 4/5. The readers that go with Cores D on up do not have a separate schedule, as they are integrated into the Core.

To find the reader schedules, just click on the "Homeschool Curriculum"->"Reader Packages and Literature" link in the top menu, then select the reader package you want (4/5 and under). Then you can find it in the individual items.

I don't have first grade but I have 2nd to 4/5th. They include a schedule grid for reading, maps and comprehension questions. They are not much money and very worth it to me.

:iagree: I have the 1st grade one (in addition to all of the other levels) and it is worth it even though I don't use the I Can Read It Series. I start the schedule with the remaining books. My dc have been enthusiastic readers, often finishing the packages way ahead of schedule, but I like have the schedule and questions on hand as a minimum requirement.

It's only for Readers K through 4/5. The readers that go with Cores D on up do not have a separate schedule, as they are integrated into the Core.

To find the reader schedules, just click on the "Homeschool Curriculum"->"Reader Packages and Literature" link in the top menu, then select the reader package you want (4/5 and under). Then you can find it in the individual items.

Agreeing. There is no separate readers schedule once you get to Core D and above. At that point, the Readers schedule is on the same piece of paper as the Core.

:iagree: I have the 1st grade one (in addition to all of the other levels) and it is worth it even though I don't use the I Can Read It Series. I start the schedule with the remaining books. My dc have been enthusiastic readers, often finishing the packages way ahead of schedule, but I like have the schedule and questions on hand as a minimum requirement.

Agreeing here too. I have all of the Reader schedules. I find them useful for the price, especially since I stopped having him read aloud to me, I can ask him the questions to check comprehension and not have to read it myself.

Can anyone chime in on the 1st grade SL reading schedule? Is it worth it? Or should I just not spend anymore money?!

At this level, kids are still reading to you. I never saw a need for a schedule. I kept a "reader basket" of books my kids chould choose from, and let them read what they wanted at their pace, for a certain length of time. We talked about the books together etc... But SL questions have never really worked all that well for me, so YMMV. We just seemed to want to discuss different things than the questions SL provided.

I bought a couple of the reader schedules and ultimately didn't use them. I didn't need them scheduled out, DS was reading them faster than scheduled and I could easily make up my own questions for discussion if necessary. And it's not hard to glance at a map if a location is mentioned. Not worth the money for me, YMMV. If he was reading them on his own the discussion questions might be more valuable to me, but I still have him read aloud to me at this point.