Menu

My Rising Senior is joining the Army

I am so proud of him for the decisions he is making.

He scored really well on his ASVAB - 92%

and had many choices - he has a temporary reservation for

Construction Engineer with an add on for Airborne school.

and when he passes his physical on Friday

he will be sworn in. He goes to basic in June after graduation.

Honestly, I have never seen him so excited about anything and was really wondering where he would wind up after high school.

It is like I have seen him grow up more in the last 2 weeks then he did in the last 5 years..

God Bless your son and Godspeed to him! I do not remember the exact details. Probably I read about this on About.com It goes something like this:

During the first or second week, the recruits are offered the chance to sign up for an Educational program. If they sign up, $100 per month is deducted from their pay, for each of 12 months. A total of USD$1200 is their contribution.

If they continue in the military, I believe after 2 years, they can begin using the educational benefits. If not, after they have an Honorable Discharge. The maximum benefit, if my memory is working, is about USD$33,000 for Education.

That it an incredible return on investment!

How awesome!

I feel your pride as a mother and I don't even have a son. But if I did, as much of a sacrifice that it would be, I can think of no greater honor. You are very blessed to have a son that would choose to serve his country.

My husband has always said that he has only one regret in life and that was not serving his country. Many, many blessings to your son and your family for your sacrifice.