Menu

Sticky and wet make mommy upset

that's my mantra.

In my pantry, I have a hutch and a baker's cabinet. It's where I keep my large containers of baking ingredients. A 10 gal cont of flour, and another 10 gal of sugar. Other kinds of flour, and all kinds of stuff. Apparently stuff like breadcrumbs. Which I needed tonight for meatballs.

Ds9 goes to get me the breadcrumbs and I hear a crash, and a really upset, "Oh no."

Now, I'm not one to cry over things spilled. Water, milk, it's ok, let's clean it up.

But this time, the shelf broke, the 10 lb canister of sugar fell over and went...right into the dog's water, which then spilled.

So basiclly I had about a gallon of simple syrup on my pantry floor.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::cursing::cursing::banghead::banghead:

I can deal with oily. I can deal with greasy. I really, really, hate, sticky.

I'm proud of myself in that I didn't scream, and I didn't cry. Now I have to go back and do another wash of the floor.

Justamouse posted:

I'm proud of myself in that I didn't scream, and I didn't cry.

I'm proud of you, too. There are days that I just feel like going to bed.

I can only handle one crisis at a time.

I hope that one day this will be a crazy story you can laugh until you cry about it.

I'm proud of you, too. There are days that I just feel like going to bed.

I can only handle one crisis at a time.

I hope that one day this will be a crazy story you can laugh until you cry about it.

I know how you feel! Dh came home and I told him not to ask ONE question. Then I gave him the stinky eye.

Geesh. I spilled 2 pounds of xylitol in my pantry not long ago. It was in my bra, everywhere. Ick.

Euuuw, that's worse.

It's times like that when I love DH the most. Whenever one of those awful, messy disasters happens (spaghetti sauce explosion, full gallon of milk burst on the floor, child vomit, etc.), he looks at me and says "leave and don't come back until I say the coast is clear." I don't know where he got the idea that I shouldn't have to deal with those kinds of things, but I love him for it.

Ugh...it's the sticky that never goes away.

Once when my now 5yo was around 3 he took a banana and squished it all over my new brown sofa! I called my dh in and said "I'm not dealing with it, I'm leaving and call me when you're done!". He cleaned it all up and I was a happy mommy again.

At least it was an accident. My oldest two, then 5 and 3, dumped the flour and sugar canisters on the floor of my galley kitchen, filled the canisters with water to pour on it, and had a sliding contest in one door and out the other. The worst part was the bi-fold mirror doors my washer and dryer were behind. They were covered in sticky. It took forever to clean up.

At least it was an accident. My oldest two, then 5 and 3, dumped the flour and sugar canisters on the floor of my galley kitchen, filled the canisters with water to pour on it, and had a sliding contest in one door and out the other. The worst part was the bi-fold mirror doors my washer and dryer were behind. They were covered in sticky. It took forever to clean up.

Hooo that's a whole nuther ballgame. I think I would have been yelling at that one. :grouphug:

Yuck! Sorry that happened. Sticky and wet make me upset too!

:D

Oh my!