Menu

8.5* C. In the tropics. I hate winter.

I live in the tropic zone of Brazil.

It is 8.5* Celsius this morning. 47.3* F.

I realize it's winter, but still. This is ridiculous.

Moreso because the houses do not have heat, are concrete, tile floors, and built so that they are well shaded so as not to get too hot in the summer. Which is fantastic 9.5 months out of the year. But makes it really insanely cold when the temps do this crazy thing and get into single digits.

I have on wool socks, jeans, a sweater with a fleece sweatshirt over it, a fleece cap, and a heavy blanket + a puppy in my lap. And I keep putting on/taking off my fleece gloves.

Did the weather NOT get the memo that I live in the tropics???? :glare:

And my electric heater died today. :glare: :glare:

I am so looking forward to escaping this craziness. I am so cold right now that I'm actually looking forward to Houston, TX in August. And anyone who knows Houston in August knows that I must be seriously cold to wish for that! :lol:

Thanks for letting me vent. If anyone has warm thoughts, send 'em this way!! :D

I live in the tropic zone of Brazil.

It is 8.5* Celsius this morning. 47.3* F.

I realize it's winter, but still. This is ridiculous.

Moreso because the houses do not have heat, are concrete, tile floors, and built so that they are well shaded so as not to get too hot in the summer. Which is fantastic 9.5 months out of the year. But makes it really insanely cold when the temps do this crazy thing and get into single digits.

I have on wool socks, jeans, a sweater with a fleece sweatshirt over it, a fleece cap, and a heavy blanket + a puppy in my lap. And I keep putting on/taking off my fleece gloves.

Did the weather NOT get the memo that I live in the tropics???? :glare:

And my electric heater died today. :glare: :glare:

I am so looking forward to escaping this craziness. I am so cold right now that I'm actually looking forward to Houston, TX in August. And anyone who knows Houston in August knows that I must be seriously cold to wish for that! :lol:

Thanks for letting me vent. If anyone has warm thoughts, send 'em this way!! :D

If I could send you some of this Texas heat, I would do it in a heartbeat! The high today is supposed to be 102 (F), tomorrow will be 104, and Saturday will be 106! Winter sounds lovely just about now....:tongue_smilie:

But I'm sorry you're cold! :grouphug:

Oh, man. I'm sorry. I hate being cold! When I lived in Wyoming it would get to NEGATIVE 30-40 and it felt like I could never get warm. However, our homes were built for cold and we had stoves to keep us warm. Plus, I'm sure it's a wet cold there not a dry cold. Wet cold is always worse. :grouphug:

Oh, man. I'm sorry. I hate being cold! When I lived in Wyoming it would get to NEGATIVE 30-40 and it felt like I could never get warm. However, our homes were built for cold and we had stoves to keep us warm. Plus, I'm sure it's a wet cold there not a dry cold. Wet cold is always worse. :grouphug:

Thanks for commiserating. I do feel like a wimp when our "cold" is so.....not....to most places in the world. It is unusually wet this winter, too, which doesn't help. Mostly it's dry. And mostly we can go outside, stand in the sun for a few minutes and warm up. But it rained the past 2 days, is still damp, and just colder than expected. Our "normal" low is something like 12* which is closer to 60*. This single digit thing (which I love being able to say since we're celsius instead of farenheit, LOL!) is just bonkers.

Thanks for commiserating. I do feel like a wimp when our "cold" is so.....not....to most places in the world. It is unusually wet this winter, too, which doesn't help. Mostly it's dry. And mostly we can go outside, stand in the sun for a few minutes and warm up. But it rained the past 2 days, is still damp, and just colder than expected. Our "normal" low is something like 12* which is closer to 60*. This single digit thing (which I love being able to say since we're celsius instead of farenheit, LOL!) is just bonkers.

By the way, I've always wanted to visit Brazil! It's such a beautiful country!

If I could send you some of this Texas heat, I would do it in a heartbeat! The high today is supposed to be 102 (F), tomorrow will be 104, and Saturday will be 106! Winter sounds lovely just about now....:tongue_smilie:

But I'm sorry you're cold! :grouphug:

we'll be there in August; I seriously cannot wait. Oh, to be warm!!! I told DH this morning "I cannot wait for some of that skin-melting heat!!!" LOL!

I have about 100 degrees of warm thoughts I'll happily send your way. :glare:

please do :) I'll send my 8* up to you as a trade!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

It feels like Houston in August here, but I don't miss winter. I hope you find some heat soon...cold is miserable.

I never miss winter. Hate.It. Way more so here, where I've become used to constant warm weather. I have no idea how i'll cope when we eventually have to leave this place....

Hang in there. We live where it is warm most of the time and when it hits 65 in the winter, I am freezing! :grouphug:

Yes, exactly! thanks. I'm doing my best. going to make some hot tea and hot lunch......