Menu

DD is home from the hospital after chest surgery

Didn't want to pull up an old thread. Wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts :001_smile:

Dd came home from the hospital Monday afternoon after her Nuss proceedure. Here is the original thread.

Her surgery went great, her repair looks wonderful and her recovery is going very well. The hospital staff was wonderful in keeping her pain as controlled as possible but we did have some intense moments. At home we're limited in what we can use so she's a bit more uncomfortable. If she follows in her brother's path she'll be in good shape in about a week.

I will say - after going through this with two children I'm glad little guy won't need it done. It makes for quite a week!

Glad to hear it went well!

My BIL was the first in our area to have a similar surgery done (nearly 40 years ago!) He was even used as a teaching surgery with video and everything. Great thing is, he's never had any issues with it. One of his dds inherited the sunken chest, but thankfully it wasn't severe enough to warrant surgery.