Menu

Do you think this is weird or am I making too much of it?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse....

I know someone who hired a teenager to water her plants, put the mail in a bin in the backyard, etc while they were on vacation. There was no need for him to enter the house at all.

He broke in, stole some panties and left some very graphic letters on her computer.

They assumed it wasn't him from the graphic nature of the letters and called the police. The teenager was caught when he went back for more undies.

Amber in SJ

Ew. Just ew.

That's called.... "house sitting" :( Not pet sitting..... So sorry...

Do house sitters normally invite family and their kids over, go through your stuff, use the toys, etc?

Honest question, I've never used a house sitter. And if that's standard behaviour, I'll never be going on vacation! :lol:

That is over the top... the whole family moved in!!! My son dog sits and does not get into any stuff at all, and when I have had dog sitters I usually have a young adult just stay here who enjoyed the dog and had the house to themself! College students often enjoy that!

No siblings need to be there, playing with anything, and definitely No other family hanging out. I mean, if they just sat on the porch waiting... but going through the whole house????

laura

Pet sitters come in, go to the specific area needed to care for the pets, do what they need to do any then leave. Inviting other people to come over or being anywhere other than where you specified they needed to be is not appropriate at all.

Even when pet sitting for one of my best friends, we didn't go anywhere other than where specified to care for the animals -- even though we were routinely all over the house WHEN THEY WERE THERE -- they weren't, so we stuck to what they asked us to do.

Edited by higginszoo

No, this is not how a Dog sitter behaves. My DD12 pet sits in other homes. I go with her to meet the pet and learn what needs to be done. I then go with her on her first and last day. If it's a friend's home we will sometimes make a casserole so they don't have to cook a meal if home late or a breakfast one so they don't have to worry about what there is to eat.

Shame on Mom because she should have known better than to go thru your personal belongings, yes toys are consider this. Or your personal space. Bringing other people along isn't right either. I know my DD has tried this a few times when she started sitting and told her it's a job and you don't friends on a job. Sorry to hear you went thru a bad sitter. Prior to hiring them did you get references? We actually had owners ask for these and they did contact asking how we were.