Menu

Bible curriculum?

Amanda82

I didn't want you to go without an answer. At that age we mainly used a good story bible--like Golden Children's Bible. We read and discussed.

I would also do a thread search. There are many good curriculums out there. Many that I tried at that age were very writing intensive. My ds simply could not do the work.

I hope you find a great curriculum!

I'm Baptist and we use Bible Study Guide for All Ages. In the lower levels, it paraphrases Bible passages but you could easily read it aloud out of your own Bible. The older levels I think they are supposed to read it (or have it read to them) from the Bible. This curriculum focuses more on facts and it hasn't gone into in major doctrinal things so far. But we've only used it for 1 year. We're doing year 2 next year. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes a day and we do our lessons 4 days a week with the last day for review/discussion. My kids really enjoy the activity pages and the memory work and review questions have been wonderful. They have retained so much. My 3-year-old knows all the judges of Israel in order and can sing them to you. :001_smile:

Rod and Staff and CLE both have nice Bible materials; both use the KJV. Rod and Staff's Bible materials for grades 1-4 are tied into their reading program, but you do not have to use all the extra workbooks. The readers are for the child to read on their own.

We also like the Golden Children's Bible; it is a very slightly simplifed KJV.

Abeka's Bible flash cards are lovely, but pricey. I do the Genesis series (Creation; Enoch, Noah and Babel; Abraham; Jacob; and Joseph) with my children when they are in K (we start our history rotation with Gen. 1:1). They love the visuals. We then do a narration page for their history notebook (they tell me a sentence or two of what they remember, and draw a picture).

I would also check out the Egermeiger Story Book Bible. It is great, very true to Scripture, not very story book at all. Your 3rd grader could probably read it on their own. I read a story and then we discuss it. Also, we use the Bible Study Guide for All ages, unit book. It is the binder with the lessons, without the student pages. It is a great way to really use the Bible as you basis of study. You could read from which ever version you prefer.

I'm Baptist and we use Bible Study Guide for All Ages. In the lower levels, it paraphrases Bible passages but you could easily read it aloud out of your own Bible. The older levels I think they are supposed to read it (or have it read to them) from the Bible. This curriculum focuses more on facts and it hasn't gone into in major doctrinal things so far. But we've only used it for 1 year. We're doing year 2 next year. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes a day and we do our lessons 4 days a week with the last day for review/discussion. My kids really enjoy the activity pages and the memory work and review questions have been wonderful. They have retained so much. My 3-year-old knows all the judges of Israel in order and can sing them to you. :001_smile:

:iagree:Ours have also learned tons! Yes, all the judges, all the books of the New Testament, the 7 days of creation, the apostles, and so much more! And we love the songs CD! I have typed up pages of the words to the songs so we can learn them better.

We use KJV as well and enjoyed reading out of the Golden Children's Bible in 1st and part of 2nd grade. It is the only children's bible I've found that is based off of the KJV. Now, we use Memoria Press' Christian Studies, that goes along with the Golden Children's Bible, but we are reading the actual chapters from the KJV for the lessons and its working great! They give you the pages you can read from the children's bible, but they also tell you where to read in the bible for the story. My dd8 is retaining a lot and we both enjoy it.