Menu

Gulf coast Floridians! Debby update for Tuesday?

Just got power back after about 16 hours without!

Glad to hear it. We wouldn't want you to be deprived of the boards! ;)

Not much rain in st Pete, but terribly windy. We lost power last night but only for about 6 hours. Not raining today yet.

Jodie

I notice you use the word "yet". I live in a hurricane prone area so I tend to be a storm watcher.

Sending all best wishes that Debby will dance her way out of your lives!

We've just had A LOT of rain. Not sure what to expect for the rest of the week as the path looks like it will be going directly over us now as it crosses the state. Our house is surrounded by water oaks. Praying the trees and all of their limbs stay put!

I drove I-10 from near Jacksonville to Tallahassee and back yesterday. NOT FUN. Not too bad in the morning on the way there but beastly on the way back.

The 4H Mock Legislature session is this week in the capitol building and I had volunteered to drive some 4Hers.

I am sure the kids are having a great time. This week is the highlight of the 4H year for my dd18, and this is the last year doing it, now that she has graduated high school. So the drive was worth it.

Best part, :glare: I get to do it again on Friday. yeah :glare:

I hope the storm has shifted by then.

I drove I-10 from near Jacksonville to Tallahassee and back yesterday. NOT FUN. Not too bad in the morning on the way there but beastly on the way back.

Best part, :glare: I get to do it again on Friday. yeah :glare:

I hope the storm has shifted by then.

Hopefully it will be clear by Friday, but parts of I-10 between Jacksonville and Tallahassee were closed today due to flooding. The article I read didn't say where, it just said a 50 mile stretch. It also mentioned flooding in Live Oak, so maybe it was around that area.

Here on the central east coast we've had a lot of wind and rain, but nothing compared to other parts of the state.

Hopefully it will be clear by Friday, but parts of I-10 between Jacksonville and Tallahassee were closed today due to flooding. The article I read didn't say where, it just said a 50 mile stretch. It also mentioned flooding in Live Oak, so maybe it was around that area.

Here on the central east coast we've had a lot of wind and rain, but nothing compared to other parts of the state.

There was standing water on I-10 when I drove through on Monday. Even the craziest drivers were slowing down to 50 or 60 mph. Yeah, the Live Oak area was a mess.

We have record flood stage on a local river tonight and it is expected to get worse on Wednesday. yikes