Menu

Finally planning for 2012-3-need science!

whitestavern

Desperately seeking secular logic stage Physics! There are very few options...most curricula companies are in the process of creating something that most likely won't be ready by fall. Science is NOT my strong suit. We used ES for Bio this year and enjoyed it. We have used Noeo in the past; it was just okay. ClassiQuest looks good, but again, I'm not sure it will be ready! I don't think I want RS4K. Does anyone have any experience with the Creek Edge Press task cards? What other options are out there? We're actually supposed to be doing Earth Science, but we haven't done a round of Physics yet. I suppose if I can't find anything, we will end up doing Earth Science, but I'm seeing the same problem...there just isn't anything out there for logic stage. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. We've done Noeo and I wasn't crazy about it, but I may have to check it out if I can't find anything else. Easy Classical is only recommended up to 6th, and I've got a 5th and 7th so I'd like something that skews more towards the 7th. I will check out the other options. If anyone else wants to chime in, I'd love some more choices.

ScienceFusion has a bunch of great modules for middle school. Not physics but they do have Earth Science modules. It is secular (yay!) and so far the kids and I love it! They have a homeschool price and HSBC had them in May for 40% off. I hope they do it again.

http://saxonhomeschool.hmhco.com/en/products/default.htm?level2Code=M0010&level3Code=M31099