Menu

Vampires won't get us, even little ones.

We live near a small lake in a marshy area. We do get mosquitoes this time of year. They don't bother the adults much, but they do get the younger kids. I'm not really happy about using pesticide sprays on the little ones, but these mosquitoes seem immune to citronella this year.

BUT we decided to try another natural bug repellent recipe. This one uses minced garlic soaked in olive oil and rubbed on the babies and toddlers. IT WORKS! It is AMAZING. Of course, I had to try it myself and put it on the older kids as well. So now we all reek of garlic and have very soft well moisturized skin as well.

Of course I know I could probably just eat the garlic and still repel the mosquitoes.........

Any other good bug repellent recipes out there?

Wow! Repels vampires and skeeters...what a deal!

I've never been know to attract vampires but my husband calls me a mosquito magnet. He says the safest place to stand is within 10 feet of me!

Maybe I'll try the garlic - repel both the mosquitos and him:D

Thanks for this idea! I went outside one night and got, no joke, 32 mosquito bites in a half hour.

I attract them like flies to honey, then they swell up and look horrendous.

I'd rather not spray DEET all over myself with two small kids always on/near me.