Menu

Please help me choose the perfect small dog breed for a non dog loving family

I would be very suspicious about the the breeding "stock" the $5K online "Cavachon" breeders use. Are the Cavs from reputable breeders who have carefully bred away from congenital problems? I doubt it.

Oh...and autoimmune issues are pretty common in Cavs too. So sad. They're a great little breed, but unfortunately the puppy millers love the small ones.

astrid

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a puppy mill. I see no info health testing, training, diet. Responsible breeders do not sell puppies over the internet.

And gently, you did state that you're not a dog person. To dog people, that's not a statement we take lightly. Yes, kids are messy, tiring and inconvenient. They also sprung from your womb.

Good luck in your search.

astrid

:iagree: ITA. Responsible breeders do not sell puppies over the internet, to people they have not checked out as being prepared to own the dog for life, and ship the puppy. One of those puppies is listed at $5000, and you can pay with PayPal right now !!! The whole idea makes me feel sick.

I didn't read the whole thread, but in response to your getting a puppy - don't just spend time with a puppy, spend time with old, stinky dogs. Because that is what happens. They get old, less cute, and they grow warts and lumps and dog breath.

Being a dog person, living with a non-dog person and 2 dogs, I highly suggest you reconsider getting a dog to please your DD.

As far as how to find a responsible breeder/good dog (it seems from the last couple of posts that is where you are at) - dog shows work. Often people who show dogs will have a couple that they have raised and trained and loved that are 1-2 years old but don't quite meet the breed standard (the ears are too long or something petty). Great dogs, but they don't grow up perfect enough for the show ring. That is a great way to get a great dog.

http://www.foxglovecavachonpuppies.com/Available-Puppies-.html

scroll down. I almost spit my coffee out at the computer. Ok so there is some good info here. I am not an expert on any dog breed, but health risks are a concern I have.

Puppy mill. It's disgusting, but there are tons out there. Buying puppies online with Paypal??

I'll tell you what. You send me $2500 and I'll send you a Wal-Mart fish. I guarantee it'll last as long as the $5000 puppy mill puppy, and the bonus for you is that it will be super small, won't shed and won't yap either.