Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 6/18-6/24

Sunday - my usual off day

Monday - nothing

Ugh. I am too stressed to exercise. Yes, I realize it would help reduce my stress if I would just do it.

We listed our house last Thursday. A low-ball offer came in late Saturday afternoon. We haggled all. day. yesterday. No deal. It wiped me out.

My surgery is Thursday. Tomorow is my last chance to exercise as our listing agent is bringing in her office's realtors for a walk-through early Wednesday morning.

Edited by Hoggirl

I didn't see a new thread for this week, so I'm starting one now.

Today, I did: Ellen Barrett: Skinny Sculpt

Thank you! I didn't get home until late last night.

I haven't tried that one from Barrett.

I steam mopped my kitchen this morning. I got a little bit of a sweat going. :tongue_smilie:

I think I'll run today. That's the plan. I've been wearing my workout clothes all day to be ready. I didn't get up at my usual time this morning. I stayed in bed so my little guy would sleep longer. He needed the sleep as we had a very busy weekend.

3 miles this morning.

I'm facing the fact that to get in a good long run I will have to start around 5:30 in the morning. Facing it, not liking it.:glare:

I'm also going to have to find a way to start an early run in hydrated condition. For whatever reason, I tend to wake up needing to drink a quart of water in the mornings. I don't drink a lot of water from about 5 pm on because I kind of like to sleep instead of make trips to the bathroom. Not sure how I'm going to solve this problem. But I'll have to find a way. Even at 5:30 am it's usually 70+ degrees.

Callanetics: 10 Hour Challenge

I have been exercising with my daughter.

That's nice. :D

3 miles this morning.

Great job. :)

I hear you on the hydration thing. It's hard to be hydrated and yet not feel overly bloated, particularly with workouts like running, swimming, etc.

Monday: CrossFit Onramp class. Getting stronger & feeling good! :)

Wonderful! :D

Ran 6.3 miles this morning. Not too shabby, either. I've never run that far. Ever.

Started around 7 and the temperature wasn't bad.

I dream of the day I can run that long. On week 2 of C25K, though. Perhaps, I will get there :) Today was a beautiful day for a run, humid though!

Perhaps, I will get there :) Today was a beautiful day for a run, humid though! __________________

You will if you want to; if you take it nice and slow and don't hurt yourself. I've been at this for six months and change to get that far. Baby steps for sure.

Ran 6.3 miles this morning. Not too shabby, either. I've never run that far. Ever.

Nice :001_smile:

Mowed the back yard (all one steep hill and took an hour :/ ) but burned 450 calories so woo hoo!

I dream of the day I can run that long. On week 2 of C25K, though. Perhaps, I will get there :) Today was a beautiful day for a run, humid though!

I am jealous that you got such a great calorie burn. Distance builds over time and with consistency. All I ever did was run once a week, whatever distance my mind and body felt like, and the ability to run long snuck up on me.

Hi, all!

My surgery went well this morning. I was home about 1:30. I failed the "tinkle test" (couldn't pee afterwards), but since the surgeon was my friend, she let me go home. Still took me awhile, but I just had success! Woo-hoo! Isn't it interesting the level of information one will share on an on-line forum? :D I am sore, but, so far, seems better than post-gallbladder surgery. Probably b/c I don't have steri-strips on me (found out from gallbladder surgery that I was allergic to the adhesive on them). Also, no shoulder pain (apparently the gas they pump in goes in a different spot and the shoulder pain from it is much less with the hernia than the gallbladder).

What a week! My husband drove our ds to Indiana over the weekend (about 9 hours each way), we got a contract on our house yesterday (YEA!), and we are going to make an offer on a new house for us at 5:00 this afternoon! Oh, yeah. And the hernia surgery this morning. :tongue_smilie:

You run on your driveway, right? It's hot here too but I run laps in my house. I got in a 30 min jog this afternoon.

Cynthia, I was thinking of you yesterday and today. Glad to hear all went well. :001_smile:

You run on your driveway, right? It's hot here too but I run laps in my house. I got in a 30 min jog this afternoon.

That's my track. 5 laps=1.5 miles. Every now and then I get the opportunity to go run the roads around my house. There are some killer hills. But during the week I'm the only parent here, so the driveway it is.

I failed the "tinkle test" (couldn't pee afterwards), but since the surgeon was my friend, she let me go home. Still took me awhile, but I just had success! Woo-hoo! Isn't it interesting the level of information one will share on an on-line forum?

I hate the pee test. I flunked mine twice, once after the C-section with my twins, and then when I busted out the stitches five days later and ended up back in the hospital with a nasty case of ileus and an NG tube down my nose. They cathed me both times. (Shudder)

Glad surgery went well for you and you got a reprieve on your test.