Menu

If you use WWE do you do other copywork?

skeeterbug

I'm new to WWE. I started using it mid year. We just worked through the text until we found my ds' level. I think we'll stay with WWE3 for a bit hopefully moving into WWE4 by end of year. I do plan on using different copywork/dictation at times. I plan on using the Bravewriter program with Arrows. I like the description and advice for copywork and dictation in TWJ a lot better than SWBs description. I think the two complement each other really well.

I also double up on WWE lessons a lot of the times.

We do the copywork with WWE, plus the copywork with FLL. Ds2 is also still finishing up with final 10 pages or so of HWT Cursive, so he also does that. Since ds1 has already finished his HWT Cursive, I have him write both of the sentences in the WWE copywork, one in manuscript and the other in cursive. He enjoys writing though and is quite good at it so it works out well for him, for now.

When ds2 finishes HWT, we will just be doing WWE and FLL, of which neither assigns copywork every day and we only do FLL M thru W. If they end up with two copyword assignments on a given day, I'll have them do one in manuscript and one in FLL, but I will likely stop having them do both of the sentences in WWE.

ETA: We are using WWE1 and my two sons are both 6.5.

Edited by Lea in OK

I do not have dd do additional copywork. We just finished WWE1. My dd7 really struggled with writing. She wrote well, but had very minimal stamina. I made the decision at the beginning of the year not to ask to do any more than one would expect of a child of her age, and I also assumed that WWE provided sufficient copywork for her age. She only did the copywork for WWE plus writing her 5 spelling words per day, and by the end of the year, I saw her ability to write on her own just soar.

We don't do additonal copywork either. We use FLL, WWE, and ARFH. Dd also like to write short notes and letters. I think it is enough for now. We will be trying SL's LA this coming fall as it is included with the core, but I do not plan to drop FLL or WWE, I may just scale back a bit depending on how it all works together.

:lurk5:

My oldest is part way through HWT1 and we are planning to start WWE1 this fall. We plan to do both but not every day. She has expressed an interest in "fancy" writing so I may switch her over to italics at some point.

We use Level 2, we double up some days so that he is doing copywork everyday. It's not much, though. Just wondering if others add more copywork or do you feel that WWE is enough?

WWE1 is our main copywork, but we get writing in on other occasions. Ethan writes out his LoF work each day. Sometimes there is writing in FLL as well. Now that we're a few weeks into WWE1, he has 3 days of copywork. The last narration day is also a copywork day. I have definitely seen improvement in his writing! We are also getting ready to start italic writing, so that will be some extra writing each day for him, but even if we weren't going to start that, I would be happy with just WWE1.

We use WWE & FLL and don't do "additional" copywork. My dc are expected to do their HWOT workbooks as well as write narrations in their science notebooks. They do phrases and sentences with AAS. But I don't have them do additional "copywork". We like WWE & FLL and feel that's plenty. :)