Menu

I don't like the internet anymore!

My mother just had the computer guy clean up her computer, so now it's running better and she can go on fb! This is not a good thing. :glare:

Her entire world is her god. I am atheist.

She's scrolling down my page, of course while on the phone with me, she sees one of my recently "liked" pages; the atheist's favorite quotes. The conversation did not end too well. I did go flying to the desktop to adjust some settings and all should be better now.

She takes it personal that we have differents beliefs, and she does not even know just how different.

When it comes up with anyone else, i pass the bean dip. But my mother is not generally stable, and the last rhing i need is her hopping on plane and knocking at my door!

Any advice? Anyone BTDT? My settings are changed, but i cant kick her offf of my fb.

Yes, you *can* block her on fb. You are an adult, and are perfectly able to do so. You are choosing not to, for whatever reason, so dealing w/fallout is going to happen.

It boils down to boundaries. What are you willing to do and not to do? Think about it, so you can act, rather than react.

Yes, you *can* block her on fb. You are an adult, and are perfectly able to do so. You are choosing not to, for whatever reason, so dealing w/fallout is going to happen.

It boils down to boundaries. What are you willing to do and not to do? Think about it, so you can act, rather than react.

:iagree:This. I have certain family members on restricted access to my fb and others completely blocked. You have the power to determine how you want your interactions with your mother on and about fb to be.

Any advice? Anyone BTDT? My settings are changed, but i cant kick her offf of my fb.

Why not? :p When she asks why just tell her being facebook friends is causing you guys to argue and you don't like that and you would rather keep in touch with her in other ways. Or lie and say you don't know what happened and you'll check into it (but never get around to it). ;)