Menu

Dianne Craft The Biology of Behavior

I was wondering if anyone here as tried the supplement program and what kind of results did you get. I talk to one parent who was staying in the same hotel as I did at the NCHE conference she said her daughter was a different child and did great with the program. What are your thoughts and where did you get the supplements? I have ordered some from VItacost and Amazon. I am going to start phase 1 next week. Thanks in advance!!!

We are currently on week 14 and starting to wean off of the supplements.

I have noticed that my dc are not carbaholics anymore, and there seams to be less sensory issues. Middle dh does not complain about tags or whine as much. In the very beginning he complained about pains in his legs, which Dianne Craft talks about being the Hershiemer effect ( yeast dying off) My oldest does not have as much trouble falling asleep anymore but still has some issues with focus. I don't know if it is because we have not reached the 3rd month of the Martime pine bark yet. (I find that the best place to get this one is straight from SuVida because they offer free shipping and discounts on multiple bottles) Things I have noticed in myself and dh: My stomach feels great, I cannot remember the last time (before the program) that it felt so "calm". Also, dh had a ganglion cyst that has completely diappeared. We don't want to be to quick to attribute it to the supplements but it seem miraculous since he had had it for a couple of years. My youngest had a planter's wart that has also disappeared.

I don't think you can go wrong with trying it. At the very least you will be healther. None of the stuff can hurt you if it taken properly.

hths!

ETA- Valley Naturals has the best price for Mineral Rich (19.00per bottle with free shipping on orders over $65)

Lucky vitamin has good prices for the Prima ( It is a toss up if they are being straightforward about storing it in a refrigerator or refrigerated section of their warehouse) If you do not get expedited shipping(for which they charge a ton to make back their profit) they just toss a couple of tiny ice packs in the box. I took a chance and has no problem with the quality.

Edited by MyLittleBears

My oldest in particular has the most trouble due to dyslexia and ADD. I have found that although not perfectly yet, he has increased focus and falls asleep more easily. He seems to be getting better daily but it has been a slow go. He has not been on the EFA blend or the Pycnogenol for a full 3 month yet so I am hoping it will steadily increase. I think the full benefits are supposed to come in about a year but I do see some changes,especially in my youngers. Most natural remedies take longer than prescription drugs as a general rule, but I think they are definately worth the wait. :001_smile:

Does the Biology of Behavior DVD itself give instructions about how to implement use of the supplements that you mention?

I comes with 2 CDs and a little instruction manual. Dianne Craft also answers any questions you might have via email and does so rather quickly. I have emailed her many times.

I'll also note that I bought almost all of her products/dvd's. I think the suppliment info is the best. I hope you can stick it out better than we did.

I just got tired of taking a ton of pills. The kids actually still beg for their vitamins. But the kid that needed them the most can't swallow pills and noticed when I added anything to food and drinks.

I hope to give it another go soon.

I was told it averages it out to about $50 per month per child. The intial investment is a little more because some of the capsulse bottle contain 2 months of pills. I will have to add all of it up and divide by dosage and I will update you when I figure it all out.

This is the first I've heard of this at all, and I am very interested. Could someone send a link to what you are talking about? And are these supplements available as a group from some source? Or do you find each of a group of recommended items and get them individually?

My kids have been on the supplements for years. I notice a huge change when they do not take them. My 10 yo dd is a moody mess when she does not take her 5-HTP and fish oil. My 8 yo ds is really spacey when he doesn't take his fish oil. He really has trouble completing his schoolwork. He has been on Pycnogenol for several years but I am not sure it is working so I took him off last week and am going to monitor him. It is pretty expensive so I want to make sure he is getting some benefit from it. From all the supplements I would say for us 5-HTP and fish oil have made the most remarkable difference. I definitely think my 10 yo would need prescription meds for her moods/OCD if she wasn't on them.

I spend about $30/mo for the supplements. I order them from vitacost.com.

I buy most of my supplements from www.swansonvitamins.com. They tend to be cheaper than Vitacost. I do buy my fish oil from Vitacost though because it was specifically recommended. It is molecularly distilled and the proper blend of EPA & DHA. If anyone wants to check it out, the product is called Mega EFA. I have only bought supplements for my husband and myself from Swanson Vitamins. We have definitely been able to tell a difference when we take our supplements so I know they are potent.

I am just now researching supplements to help my son. I am positive we are dealing with dysgraphia. He also has a very hard time learning and retaining information. I am considering purchasing Dianne Craft's Brain Integration Manual and her Smart Kids Who Hate to Write DVD. Any other suggestions before I place an order? Anyone have used materials they want to sell?

As for supplements for my son, I gave him some things today that I have at home already. He took Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin E, and 5-HTP. Can anyone suggest anymore must-have supplements that will help him? By the way, he is 13-years-old and bigger than me. I am sure that will make a difference with what he can safely take & dosage.

am considering purchasing Dianne Craft's Brain Integration Manual and her Smart Kids Who Hate to Write DVD. Any other suggestions before I place an order?

While you're waiting or if you don't have funds, if you think your kiddo is dysgraphic start the writing 8 exercise as shown here:

http://icareforldkids.hpage.com/for_dysgraphia_71784846.html

This is what Dianne mentions in her book (as well as some other exercises)... we did this for 6 months 4x per week, just as Dianne recommends, and it DID help with dd's writing and reversals, spacing, etc. After doing the exercises we did realize that dd will always have issues with handwriting, and are also moving her on to typing next year, as a rising 4th grader.

Thanks for starting this post on the diet/vitamins- I'd wondered how this worked and love hearing the input. Something for my family to consider......

Paula

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Biology of Behavior CD also include what to eat/not eat while taking the supplements? We've gotten rid of refined sugars and pasta for the most part, but I'm wondering if there's more to it. I'm considering this for my adopted daughter who I'm pretty sure spent the first 2 1/2 years of her life on anti-biotics and exhibits many of the symptoms Diane Craft mentions.

Beth