Menu

I sleeped.

The dr. prescribed 2mg Klonopin and 300 mg Seroquel three times a day. That seemed a little excessive to me so I took a little less (actually quite a bit less of the Seroquel) than recommended and it has worked great. I got 9 hours of sleep the first two nights with no wakenings and three hour naps during those two days. Monday night I did wake up and need to take more to get back to sleep. Then I napped on Monday as well. Last night was rough because hubby woke up and was having a hard time breathing and was having chest pains so I never did get back to sleep. I tried to nap this afternoon but wasn't able. Hopefully I wll sleep good to night. I have enough meds to last three more days. Hopefully we will have broke the manic/severe insomnia by then and I will be able to go back to my regular meds. Because although the sleep is great this med has a 50 hour half life and I am pretty much zombified the entire time I am awake.

I'm so glad you got some sleep, Kids! I hope it does the trick. Is your dh okay now, too? That sounds scary!

Yes, he is fine. I think he had a panic attack. It happens occassionaly. He has sleep apnea and uses a CPAP machine. Sometimes when he is having sinus or congestion problems, the air is blowing in his face but it can get through because he is stuffed up. Of course, is causes a dramatic freak out which never fails to wake me up.