Menu

Heather: DH just called me over to the Guest House......

to see if I liked the way the first phase of the window treatments is coming. They look fabulous!

We are so excited that you guys are going to be staying there! We were in Home Depot earlier and the salesman asked where these were going and we said in our guest house -- he looks at us and says, "Do you have guests?" "yes, yes!" we said. "They will be here for July 4th and they are coming all the way from Malaysia."

There is a photo below -- it is NOT of our place, but it is the look I am following for the guest house -- we'll see how close I get.

:grouphug:

post-10544-13535086757548_thumb.jpg

Mariann if you keep showing pictures like this you'll be having yourself a whole lot of company!

Wow, absolutely beautiful!! Hope you all have a blast!! :)

:iagree: I'm thinking I could move into that guest house!

Thank you -- it is really cute. It doesn't have a kitchen, but within the next year, I would like us to get just a simple little kitchen in there-- there are times when I think that I could move into it!;)

Very cute!! I haven't been on here much but I've been praying for your dd and her dh. I will have to come stay in the guest house sometime and we can eat butternut squash lasagne together and our dd's (despite the age difference) can bond over Lyme experiences-lol!

Very cute!! I haven't been on here much but I've been praying for your dd and her dh. I will have to come stay in the guest house sometime and we can eat butternut squash lasagne together and our dd's (despite the age difference) can bond over Lyme experiences-lol!

You're on!!! :001_smile: I would love that!:grouphug:

Mariann if you keep showing pictures like this you'll be having yourself a whole lot of company!

No kidding, looks amazing. You might just have me knocking on your door next year if you aren't careful. I just found this thread looking for info on Northern Virginia. There's a good chance we'll move there next year and I'm starting to gather info in case we do. We're in the Navy so it might not happen after all, but the majority of the job possibilities seem to be in the DC area. If we go up there, I'd love to meet other homeschoolers! I will probably continue to homeschool my older son, but I'm looking into some of the immersion schools for my younger boy. Does anyone on this thread happen to have any experience with them? Either Spanish, or Japanese. Thanks!

Erica

Thank you -- it is really cute. It doesn't have a kitchen, but within the next year, I would like us to get just a simple little kitchen in there-- there are times when I think that I could move into it!;)

I would definitely keep that open as an option:) It looks beautiful, enjoy!

Oh my word. :svengo:

We were just excited to have 4 walls and a roof and you show me THIS??? If that is the look you are going for then we better buy new clothes so we can be classy enough!!! :tongue_smilie:

You have quite an eye for decor.

We are SO EXCITED to meet you and your family. I got all of you some fun things from Malaysia and we can't wait to see you all!

We are going to have FUN... but I promise we will be super careful with your gorgeous guest house.

No kidding, looks amazing. You might just have me knocking on your door next year if you aren't careful. I just found this thread looking for info on Northern Virginia. There's a good chance we'll move there next year and I'm starting to gather info in case we do. We're in the Navy so it might not happen after all, but the majority of the job possibilities seem to be in the DC area. If we go up there, I'd love to meet other homeschoolers! I will probably continue to homeschool my older son, but I'm looking into some of the immersion schools for my younger boy. Does anyone on this thread happen to have any experience with them? Either Spanish, or Japanese. Thanks!

Erica

knocking is good -- the doorbell doesn;t work -- seriously.:lol: go to the public school web site for the county where you will live and the immersion info should be there.:)

I live close to you......in MD, and your stories make me want to visit too!

give a holler -- :D

I would definitely keep that open as an option It looks beautiful, enjoy!

I tell myself that about 20 times a day.:lol: thank you.

Oh my word. :svengo:

We were just excited to have 4 walls and a roof and you show me THIS??? If that is the look you are going for then we better buy new clothes so we can be classy enough!!!

don't be silly (and I'm glad you like it)-- no need to dress up, it's too blasted hot. you will feel right at home.;)

You have quite an eye for decor. Thank you - my dh wishes I didn't.

We are SO EXCITED to meet you and your family. I got all of you some fun things from Malaysia and we can't wait to see you all! The kids and dh and I are so excited. We cannot wait to meet you all! And you know you don't have to bring anything but yourselves.:grouphug:

We are going to have FUN... but I promise we will be super careful with your gorgeous guest house.

The guest house is like indestructible -- trust me. You don't have to give it a thought!:)

I've called a couple of the immersion schools and they have told me about the lotteries etc but as I am calling just a tad bit preemptively ahem! they can't really tell me too much as it could all change by next year. I just don't want to miss out since every time we move with the military it seems we miss the lotteries for the best schools. There do seem to be a few private school options that are somewhat ? reasonable LOL and many that are just outright ridiculous. Most importantly, I really need to start googling homeschool groups so I can make sure I pursue that avenue fully. This was our first year homeschooling and I think it has been very good for my son, but I am a bit overwhelmed and will need some support if we continue this path during our next duty station. Thanks so much for your reply (and for letting me butt in on your post! LOL)