Menu

Great science curriculum !!

I am doing SOTW for History and love it, but Science was always a hard one for me.

My search is over. I have found an awesome curriculum!

It is Classic Science by Mr. Q . You download the Life Science student pages and teacher guide, so there is no shipping costs, and you get it right away. It is a whole years worth of science for your kiddos. I have it on my kindle now. And it is free!!!

The other Science curriculum is only $50 each, for a whole years worth. It is so kid friendly and you can teach many ages together. A great deal.

I am sure many of you ladies already know about this, but I just wanted to share my excitement. :D

here is the link http://eequalsmcq.com/classicsciinfo.htm

Edited by mommyof4AZ

Love Mr.Q... but calling it low cost or free is misleading.

Life Science is free... to download. Printing costs are still very much there.

The other fields (for Mr.Q) are some of the most expensive on the market once you add printing costs to the $50.

It can be done for minimal printing if you have your child read from the computer; but this isn't possible for everyone and is difficult if you have multiple students of different ages that need to be taught at the same time.

Frankly, while it is a great curricula - the price and labor that goes into printing, punching, and binding led me to use a different program... I think $50 is a bit much for a file that doesn't include a hard copy; but that's just me.

Edited by AimeeM

My son loves the Mr Q Earth and Space this year. I only bought it when it was on sale (I think it was January). We weren't getting very far otherwise. Now he asks, outside of school time, to do science.

I downloaded it onto our ipad with notabilty, so we even do the worksheets on the ipad. No printing.

Of course, I was lucky enough to get the ipad as a gift from my mother, who is very supportive of homeschooling.

Love Mr.Q... but calling it low cost or free is misleading.

Life Science is free... to download. Printing costs are still very much there.

The other fields (for Mr.Q) are some of the most expensive on the market once you add printing costs to the $50.

It can be done for minimal printing if you have your child read from the computer; but this isn't possible for everyone and is difficult if you have multiple students of different ages that need to be taught at the same time.

Frankly, while it is a great curricula - the price and labor that goes into printing, punching, and binding led me to use a different program... I think $50 is a bit much for a file that doesn't include a hard copy; but that's just me.

:( I honestly never tried to mislead anyone.

If you read off the ipad, kindle, computer, than it would be free just for the Life Science, not for the other ones.

I did mention in my first post that the Life Science was free.. but the other ones were $50. I agree printing costs would be up

there.

Just wanted to share my excitement.

Glad to hear that there is 50 % off once a year! I will be looking for that next year!

Edited by mommyof4AZ

It's good to know about the sales. We'll be using the free Life Science one next year, reading off my Android tablet and just printing worksheets. Should work really well.

I understand preferring hardcopy, though, if hubby hadn't surprised me with the tablet for Christmas, I would be using a different science program. It is not formatted to print cheaply. Wouldn't it be nice if he included a print-friendly version?

:( I honestly never tried to mislead anyone.

If you read off the ipad, kindle, computer, than it would be free just for the Life Science, not for the other ones.

I did mention in my first post that the Life Science was free.. but the other ones were $50. I agree printing costs would be up

there.

Just wanted to share my excitement.

Glad to hear that there is 50 % off once a year! I will be looking for that next year!

It IS a curriculum to be excited about. There are some reasons to love it. Price just isn't one of them, over the LONG haul :-) The ESP labs are my favorite part. He is always moving the extra ESP resources around the website though and I don't know where they are now. If you e-mail him, he'll usually tell you.

I like the 36X4 sequence that can be used with multiple ages.

Sorry some of us rained on your parade! :-( Some of us have just been struggling with it for awhile, without being able to figure out how to totally love it.