Menu

Where to buy raincoat

I want a regular raincoat for ds (6). I don't want one with transformers or thomas the tank engine or any other super hero. I had an awesome one from Ralph Lauren when he was younger (plain red, snaps up the front, totally waterproof with cotton lining, hood, reached his thighs) , but I can't really afford $100 for a rain coat right now. I've looked in a lot of stores like Target and such but they only sell for girls. Any suggestions? I don't mind used or new.

Lands End? (Be sure to check their regular website & outlet site; if you get on their email list, they send out coupons & discounts all the time)

TJ Maxx?

Burlington Coat Factory? (Know their return policy before buying there, though.)

If you can find a 'generic' one in the girls section, wouldn't that work too (assuming the color would be ok)?

LLBean has boys rain coats, with & without lining, but they're hip length.

Amazon has them, by Western Chief, Hatley, Columbia... But you have to wade through the character ones to find them.

I feel your frustration. We have the worst time finding non-character clothing. We usually end up getting rain coats from Bean's but they're not slickers.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Lands End? (Be sure to check their regular website & outlet site; if you get on their email list, they send out coupons & discounts all the time)

TJ Maxx?

Burlington Coat Factory? (Know their return policy before buying there, though.)

If you can find a 'generic' one in the girls section, wouldn't that work too (assuming the color would be ok)?

Yes, this is the one I had my eye on but dh says it's too expensive. We are a thrift store shopping family.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlSzyCPGTF8iHxla6Y--rTStilhwy7YMoB-0b3znyD0cvjvmzE

I signed up though maybe I'll get a discount good enough to change his mind.

The girl's ones are not generic I offered to buy him one but he told me big polka dots are very girlie.