Menu

Dressing dh for Germany. (Professional clothes). What's the weather like in Frankfurt

Any ideas? Does it get really humid in June? High temp? etc.

Oh, do the hotel rooms generally come with an iron and ironing board?

I cannot possibly imagine that his white shirts will still be spiffy after an international flight.

He has three suits. We'll be buying two more and everything he likes is wool! I'm a bit worried...might be okay if he was headed to Norway, but I'm a bit concerned that he'll suffer.

Faith

Any ideas? Does it get really humid in June? High temp? etc.

Oh, do the hotel rooms generally come with an iron and ironing board?

I cannot possibly imagine that his white shirts will still be spiffy after an international flight.

He has three suits. We'll be buying two more and everything he likes is wool! I'm a bit worried...might be okay if he was headed to Norway, but I'm a bit concerned that he'll suffer.

Faith

They have how low/summer weight wools. Some are ever machine washable. We have ours dry cleaned so theu come home freshly pressed as well.

When we lived in Europe, I was never hot. But I'm from Texas, so....

I always tell people to take jackets, long pants, and good shoes when they travel in Europe during the summer...layers are always good in case it gets hot.

If he is staying in a business hotel rather than a B&B, I figure there will be an iron somewhere on the property.

No, it usually does not get hot and humid in June. Actually, it never gets humid compared to what is considered humid here in the US, LOL.

June temperatures are usually 60s and 70s, but you can have cold and rainy days with temps in the 50s and hot spells with temps up to 90 in late June (but rarely). You should check the weather forecast a few days before he leaves.

I am not familiar with hotels in Germany, but would assume they have ironing possibilities, or you could have it done by the hotel staff. How long will he stay?

For us..June was a wonderful month in Germany.. it didn't seem to really warm up until August. Humidity wasn't an issue in June either. Once he knows where he's staying he could check the hotels website about an iron or just ask upon arriving. Also some hotels in Frankfurt cater more to business travels and will have laundry service available. Hope he enjoys his trip....I so want to go back.

I would think an iron/board could be requested without any problem. If you know where he will be staying I would email the manager and ask. My DH has started doing that when we travel and they are extremely helpful. The weather should be nice but not humid.

June is usually not too hot or humid but it can be variable. My middle son was born in Germany in late June and it was a period of very hot weather (upper 90's). I think it depends on what you are used to. The humidity is a lot more than what I am used to (coming from the Pacific NW) but is not as humid as many areas in the rest of the US. Also air-conditioning is not the norm in most places in Germany so when it does get hot you can't always just go inside somewhere to cool off.

Most hotels will have a ironing board and iron if you ask for one at the front desk.

No, it usually does not get hot and humid in June. Actually, it never gets humid compared to what is considered humid here in the US, LOL.

June temperatures are usually 60s and 70s, but you can have cold and rainy days with temps in the 50s and hot spells with temps up to 90 in late June (but rarely). You should check the weather forecast a few days before he leaves.

I am not familiar with hotels in Germany, but would assume they have ironing possibilities, or you could have it done by the hotel staff. How long will he stay?

He'll be staying at the Hyatt somewhere near (forgive my spelling because I have NO IDEA and don't have time to look it up) Russelscheim.

He will be there for approximately 7 days probably leaving here between June 8th and June 11th.

Thanks everyone!

Faith