Menu

When you make coffee

I have a tale to make you feel better... or at least not alone! Right after I got married, dh and I worked for a coffee shop. We alternated working the opening shift (4:30 a.m.). Most mornings, the first thing I did was fix myself a latte to open my own eyes a bit. One morning, before my latte, I set out about a dozen filters with beans all set to be ground. We always ground the beans just before brewing the coffee. I had served about 10 people when one of the "regulars" came up to me and said that the coffee was terrible! I checked out the airpots, thinking that perhaps they didn't get washed the previous night (they were fine), then poured myself a bit of the coffee. Ummm, it was almost water! Sure enough, I had put the filters of un-ground beans in to brew! I felt awful that the people who had come in before had drunk that stuff without a complaint. Maybe they thought that was how "coffeehouse coffee" was supposed to taste!:001_huh::lol:

-Robin

Don't forget to put the coffee IN! Especially when you are waiting with your chocolate chip biscotti!

I love all the helpful hints I pick up on this board!:D

(Now if I could only remember them when I'm half asleep!)